Chapter 20 - Emotions are high

Y/N POV

During my stay in the hospital, things were much more pleasant this time around. Theo never left my side, and Ominis and Samantha joined us a few hours after I woke up, remaining by our side ever since. We hadn't heard from Sebastian directly, but Ominis had received updates. Anne was recovering well, and we all planned to visit Feldcroft as soon as I was released.

I had a brief conversation with Professor Weasley, who assured me that the castle was well-protected. I promised her that I wouldn't go looking for trouble again, and after some stern words, we were able to share a laugh about it. Well, I found it amusing, but it was clear that Professor Weasley was tired of our group's antics this year.

After some embarrassing pleading on my part, I finally convinced the nurse to discharge me after only two days in the hospital, despite Theo's best efforts to persuade her otherwise. Ominis had thoughtfully packed a picnic for us, and we set off for Feldcroft to see Sebastian and Anne.

*** 

With the Christmas weather being dreadful, we opted to apparate directly to Feldcroft. When we arrived, we knocked on the door, and Sebastian greeted us with a wide grin.

"Y/N!" Anne exclaimed, rushing towards me with all her energy and enveloping me in a tight hug. I leaned into her warm embrace, feeling grateful and relieved. She let go but kept her hands on my arms.

"I owe you my life. I can't thank you enough for everything you've done," Anne said, tears of joy streaming down her face. I smiled broadly and replied, "You're very welcome." Seeing her happy and healthy made every second of my efforts worthwhile.

We all gathered around the kitchen table and enjoyed the lunch that Ominis had prepared. Laughter filled the room as we shared stories and caught Anne up on everything she had missed during her absence from Hogwarts.

"So, Anne, when are you planning to return to Hogwarts?" Samantha asked, her mouth full of sandwich.

"Next year, I hope! Professor Weasley has agreed to let me start from fifth year so I can catch up and have the full Hogwarts experience," Anne replied, brimming with excitement.

"That's fantastic, Anne," I replied, genuinely happy for her. As I spoke, I felt a nudge on my thigh from Sebastian. I turned to him, realising that we hadn't exchanged a single word since I arrived. Part of me was relieved; today was all about Anne.

"Can we talk privately?" Sebastian whispered. I let out a sigh but nodded in agreement. We stood up and excused ourselves from the table. Before leaving, I glanced at Theo, who had a mix of anger and concern etched on his face. I mouthed "It's okay" to him, reassuring him, before stepping out of the front door with Sebastian.

"Why didn't you visit me in the hospital?" I confronted Sebastian before he could say anything else.

"I-I had to save Anne, don't you understand?" he replied, confusion evident in his voice.

"You could have come back," I retorted sharply. Sebastian reached for my hand, but I pulled it away, crossing my arms in front of me.

"I'm sorry, y/n. Truly, I should have been there. B-but... things will be better now, thanks to you. We can go back to how we used to be!" He exclaimed with hope in his voice.

I scowled at him and scoffed, my frustration building. "Back to how they were? Sebastian, you're a completely different person to me now," I said, raising my voice. His face fell instantly, taken aback by my words.

"What do you mean?" he asked, his tone filled with concern.

"I always believed that you would be someone who would never, ever hurt me," I said through gritted teeth, tears welling up in my eyes as I spoke, a mix of passion, hurt, and exhaustion.