Chapter 21 - The Perfect Moment

Y/N POV

We ventured through the castle, uncertain of Theo's destination. A bottle of fire whiskey made its way around our group of friends, and I couldn't resist taking a swig straight from the bottle before passing it to Poppy behind me.

"Theo, where are we headed?" I asked once again, my curiosity fueled by the whiskey coursing through my veins.

"Quit with the questions," he replied, a mischievous smirk playing on his face. We pressed on through the castle, eventually arriving at the entrance to the Slytherin common room. Glancing at Theo, I noticed a sense of pride radiating from him. I was puzzled—what could possibly be so remarkable about our common room?

We uttered the password and descended the stairs. My jaw dropped as I beheld the stunning transformation of the common room. Soft, ambient lighting filled the space, floating candles danced in the air, party music filled the room, and a bustling beer pong area beckoned. The large table was brimming with an assortment of drinks.

"Did you do all this?" I managed to stammer, struggling to find the right words. Theo gazed at me, a sense of accomplishment evident in his eyes.

"I had a bit of help, but I wanted to make your first return to social gatherings unforgettable," he declared proudly, hands resting on his hips. Overwhelmed with gratitude, I embraced him tightly, witnessing the room fill with people, reveling in pure joy and dancing together.

"Thank you," I whispered, my smile stretching from ear to ear.

"Anything for you, princess," he responded, winking at me. Taking my hand, he led me to the drinks table. Pouring us both shots, we clinked glasses and swiftly downed the liquor.

"So, who assisted you in this endeavor?" I inquired. Instead of answering, Theo simply gestured behind me. I turned around, and to my surprise, Gareth and Imelda stood there. I gazed at them in astonishment.

"Imelda?" I blurted out, a mix of surprise and confusion washing over me.

"We may not always see eye to eye, but I couldn't resist a good party," Imelda chuckled, shrugging her shoulders. I joined her laughter, shaking my head in disbelief, and then wrapped my arms around both of them to express my gratitude.

"You have to join the Quidditch team next year, though," Imelda playfully insisted.

"I'll give it some thought," I replied with a smile.

After several rounds of beer pong and numerous drinks consumed, Theo and I joined Ominis and Samantha on the sofa. Theo settled on the armrest beside me, casually draping his arm over the back of the sofa.

"Shall we play a game?" Ominis proposed.

"Truth or dare!" Samantha chimed in with excitement.

I shook my head, chuckling. "You're always up for that game." We all gathered around, ready to take turns asking questions.

"Samantha, truth or dare?" I asked playfully.

"Ooh, um... Dare!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands together eagerly.

"I dare you to... Down two shots!" Ominis slurred his words, and we watched with anticipation as Samantha effortlessly consumed two shots of vodka.

"Easy," she remarked, wiping her mouth. "Now, it's your turn, Y/N," she continued.

"Alright, I'll go with dare as well," I responded confidently.

"I dare you to go to the astronomy tower with Theo," she commanded. I furrowed my eyebrows, puzzled. "What?" I asked. Without further discussion, Theo extended his arm for me to take. I glanced between him and Samantha, still perplexed. However, I didn't argue. Slowly, I rose from the sofa and walked out with Theo, noticing the wink he shot Samantha before placing his hand on my back, guiding me toward the astronomy tower.