*the angel and the devil*

Starring in a movie with Jamie for 2 million pounds,
                               or sticking to your old life of being a waitress with Henry?

As me and Jamie entered the room, we were sat on the plush couch in the corner of Donald's office, waiting for him to arrive. A few minutes had passed as we both were fidgeting with our phones, checking our watches and glancing at the door every so often. Impatience was written all over our faces as we discussed random things, clearly eager for Donald to arrive in his office so we could talk about the proposition of his. However, the anticipation was slowly turning into frustration as Donald has seemed to be taking forever to arrive. I kept tapping my feet on the floor and running my fingers through my hair, while Jamie was playing with the rings around his finger.

'Where the fuck is Donald?! He was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago.' I yelled, impatiently pacing round the room.
"Calm down, lils. You know he likes to make an entrance." Jamie said, trying his best to calm me down.
'I can't calm down. I'm freaking out! A movie!? I have no acting experience!'
"You didn't have any 'pop star' experience either. And you nailed that." He replied, smiling.
'Nailed it? I think that's an exaggeration, don't you think?' I explained, crossing my arms.
"Not at all. No, you weren't exactly Anna... but you were great." He reassures, watching me from his seat.
'But that doesn't mean I can do a movie. And where's the real Anna?'
"Ugh, don't even bring her up. She did her last show and then bailed...again. Apparently she and her real boyfriend Daryl broke up. I'm guessing she didn't take it well, so she is in South America somewhere." Jamie explained with a frustrated sigh.
'South America?! Well, if that happened, how and why did Donald book her for a movie?!' I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows with confusion.
"You know Donald... he has you as a backup. And he's all about the money."
I didn't bother to reply as I grabbed my phone, checking the time once more.
After waiting some time, Donald finally appeared, quickly walking inside his office without wasting any time to find Jamie and I chatting in the sitting area, longing to see the sight of Donald.
"Money talks, Jamie. You of all people know that." He said as he placed his case on his desk.
"Hey, Donald." Jamie greeted.
"Hello. And hello to you too, Lilly."
'There no time for chit chat, Donald I want to know what's going on with this movie.' I said hurrying the guys along.
"Strait to the point. Working in this industry has taught you something after all."
'Uh huh.' I hummed, nodding in agreement.
"So I'll keep this short and to the point. Anna and Jamie are contracted to do a movie together. And yes, it was last minute, but we all stand to make a LOT of money. The real Anna doesn't want to be part of it. So after some legal finagling on my end....the production company is okay with a lookalike. I mean, no one would be the wiser, right?" Donald explained.
'And Anna?! How does she feel about this?!' I asked.
"Who cares how she feels. Anna Sophia is no more. Pretty sure she's on a farm in Brazil somewhere. She did always love animals. Anyway, we've probably seen the last of her for a while." He replied.
"But did you get her word that someone else could take her place? This is a lot more than 2 weeks and a few shows." Jamie asked.
"Of course I did. Now, what do you say Lilly?" They Both turned to look at me, waiting for my response.
'I..don't know what to say!' I stuttered.
"Say yes. You get to spend 6 months in LA rubbing elbows with the A-list. And you're going to make 2 million on top of it." Donald mentioned.
'But...I can't act to save my life!'
"Neither can half of Hollywood. Acting skills don't matter. This isn't Sundance."
'I..I..just don't know if I can leave my life again. Leave my family again...' I added.
"Your life as a waitress?! What are you really giving up?" He chuckled.
"Watch it, Donald. Don't insult her!" Jamie warned, causing Donald to stop laughing.
"Okay, I'm sorry. Look, why don't you take the night to think it over? And get back to me tomorrow." He suggested.
'Alright. I can do that.'
"Oh, and I left a little surprise for you in the lobby. If you're interested, of course." Donald said as he left his office. I tuned back to face Jamie.
'Ugh, I'm so overwhelmed. I don't know what I want to do. Being Anna was so exhausting...'
"But we had fun, didn't we?" Jamie asked with a smirk appearing on his lips.
'Yes...' I responded, returning the smirk, nudging his shoulder in a playful gesture.
"It's just six months. Think it over. And if it means anything to you....I'd love to do a movie with you." He said as he began to head out the office, leaving me with a decision to make.

So..a surprise, huh? Let's see what Donald thought would win me over.
As I walked down the lobby to where Donald had told me to look, I noticed a small box with my name written on it lying in the middle of the floor. Curiously, I walked closer and saw that the box was beautifully wrapped with colourful ribbons and a bow. I hesitantly picked it up, wondering what would be inside it. Excitement mounted as I began to open the box, and inside lied expensive clothes and glittering jewels, and I realised that this gift would be perfect for Hannah.

As I sprinted through the busy streets, my heart raced with excitement. I clutched the small, shiny box tightly in my hands. I couldn't wait to share the new with Hannah.
Finally, I arrived at the entrance of my apartment building, breathing heavily from the exertion. Racing up the stairs, I bursted through the front door, calling out to my sister. "Guess what? Look what I got at work!" I exclaimed, holding the box for Hannah to inspect. My eyes shone with happiness as I watched my sister's face light up with awe and admiration.
"OH MY GOD! There has to be a dozen outfits in here! And all with matching shoes! And holy moly, are those diamonds!?" Hannah squealed with excitement.
'All in your size. A gift from Donald.' (Damn, that guy is good. A surprise indeed.)
"I don't know what to say! Last month I didn't even know if I'd be alive and now I'm dripping in jewels! " she explained.
'Don't say that. Everything is fine now and everything is going to be fine.'
"I know, I know. This is just so extravagant. Can you just.. tell Donald thank you? I really appreciate this."
'Of course I will. And everything is going to look beautiful on you.' I complimented, earning a soft smile from my sister.
"Yeah. SO.... Let me get this straight. Donald is willing to pay you 2 million pounds to do a movie in LA with famous actors and actresses..." she began.
'Yes.' I hummed in response.
"And this coming at a time when you were feeling idle and not knowing what to do with yourself..." she added.
'Yes.' I repeated, nodding my head.
"And... you're thinking of saying no?! Are you crazy?!" Hannah added.
'I know it sounds glamorous, but being Anna wasn't easy!'
"Who cares?! This is the opportunity of a lifetime! Don't you dare think about saying no!"
'But I'd have to leave for 6 months this time... and Maria isn't even talking to me... and Henry would be so disappointed—' unable to finish my sentence, I was interrupted.
"You can't worry about anyone else. You have to worry about you!"
'I'm just...scared to fail. A show is one thing but a movie...a lot more eyes are going to be on that.' I explained, giving myself a shudder just thinking about the thought of me failing in front of many people.
"And they wouldn't have asked you if they didn't think you could do it! I think you'd regret it if you didn't do it. " Hannah assured me, placing a hand on my shoulder.
'Agh, I think you're right.'
"Let's go talk to dad about it." She suggested.
'Okay...'
"And by the way, what kind of movie is it?" She asked.
'Oh shit. I have no idea! I forgot to ask!' I slapped my forehead with annoyance causing us both to giggle as we headed towards my car (which was parked in a dimly lit parking lot).
As we approached the car, I fumbled with my keys, trying to unlock the car door. I unlocked the drivers side door while Hannah went round to the other side. When we both got into the car, the sound of doors locking was heard. The car started and we drove off into the darkness, soon arriving at dads house.

A/N: sorry about this chapter I'm not really a big fan of this one for some reason. Also I'm really sorry for not being active the past few days, I've been busy visiting family :) but don't worry, I'll try my best to keep u guys updated as much as possible. Thank you to all the people WHO ADDED MY STORY TO THEIR READING LIST 🥰🥰 wether it was this one or the first sudden celebrity. Loveeee you all sm 📖📖📖