*Under the lights*

It's the first day of shooting! Everyone has night expectations,
but how will you handle the limelight?

I frantically search the trailer, my pockets, my purse - but it's nowhere to be found. I feel a wave of nausea wash over me as I try to contain the panic.

Just as i'm about to lose all hope, there's a knock on the door. I open it to find Erica, my makeup artist standing there, a gentle smile on her face. I try to act normal, but I can feel the tension in my body.

"Good morning, sunshine! Ready for your first day?" Erica said as she placed all her equipment down on the table.
"Ready is not the word I'd use. I can't find my scrip!" I blurted out full of panic. "I think I may have left it at the park yesterday... I'm such an idiot."
"No, you're not. I've seen you, and you've had your head in that thing all weekend. Your going to do just fine." She said, reassuringly.
"We'll see about that." I mumbled under my breath.
"Anyway, dinner was a blast, wasn't it?! I felt so lucky to be having dinner with such A-listers." She giggled, beginning to pick out outfits.
"We're just normal people, Erica. But yes, last night was a lot of fun. I saw that you went home with Henry." I smirked, playfully raising my eyebrows.
"I did. So anyway. Let's get Betty dressed! I have a couple of options."
"Alright, I think I'm ready."
"You're going to be great at this role."
"Thanks."

As I make my way onto the set, I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, and my hands are beginning to sweat. My manager is standing on the other side of the room, and I can see the look of expectation on his face. I feel a wave of nervousness wash over you as I realise that I lost your script and it's too late to retrieve it.

I try to keep your composure as I approach my manager, but I can feel the anxiety building up inside of me. I take a deep breath and try to muster up a confident smile, but it's hard to hide the panic in my eyes.
"Jamie and Henry are in hair and makeup. They should be out any minute and then it's go time." He explained.
"I guess the time has come, huh." I laughed nervously.
"Yep, and you're going to do great." Yep that just made things 10x worse.
"Ahhh... can you guys smell that?!" Barb said, inhaling a deep breath.
"No.." I stated, looking beyond confused.
"It's the smell of fresh film. So many possibilities! The future ahead of us is taking shape—Tony! Get me those damn bagels before I start screaming my head off! Sorry, what was i saying?" She chuckled.
"Umm...the road ahead of us..." I was honestly too worried about losing my script, I had no interest whatsoever in what Barb was talking about.
"Ah, yes. The fated road ahead of us is taking shape and we're all just passengers along the ride. Now your on 5. I want you to be tough, angry and violated in this scene. You're about to make the biggest catch of your career! But a pesky thing called love is getting in the way. Let the audience feel your indecision! I want that internal struggle to shine through."
"You got it." Donald added.
"Good. And Tony! I need salted butter, not that unsalted mess you tried yesterday!"
"Now, you only have 5 more minutes to review your lines. Make it count."

Ugh, where can I find a damn script? I guess I'll have to do it from memory...hold it right there! Don't even take a breath, or you'll regret it. Then Jamie says... that's easy. Like I told you last time we met, I can barely breathe when I look at you. Then I say....like I told you last time we met, flattery won't get you anywhere. Then Henry comes in and says...Betty, you shouldn't be here. This is my case! Then I say... this may be your case, but this is my bust. Well, here goes nothing.
ACTION🎬
"Hold it right there! Don't even take a breath, or...you'll regret it." - me
"That's easy. Like I told you last time we met, I can barely breathe when I look at you."- Jamie
"Like I told you last time we met, flattery won't get you anywhere."- me
"Betty, you shouldn't be here. This is my case!"- Henry
"This may be your case, but this is my....Bust!"- me
"CUT!"🎬
"Thank god. I really need to pee!" Jamie yelled as he hurried to the toilet, making me and Henry laugh.
"Nice job you two. Anna, Jamie was right- you are a natural!" Barb complimented. Thank god I remembered those lines.
"Anyway, take 5." She announced.

As i stepped off the set and into the cool air-conditioned atmosphere of the studio, i felt a sense of relief wash over me. My heart was still racing from the adrenaline of the previous scene, and i could feel the sweat beginning to bead on my forehead.

Taking a deep breath, i made my way over to the craft services table, where the aroma of freshly brewed coffee beckoned me. As i poured myself a cup, i glanced around the bustling studio, taking in the sights and sounds of production.

Feeling refreshed, I decided to take a quick break before jumping into the next scene. I found a quiet spot in the corner of the studio and sat down, sipping my warm coffee and scrolling through my phone to pass the time.

The minutes ticked by, and my mind wandered to the upcoming scene. I ran over the lines in my head, preparing myself for what's was to come.

As i finished my coffee, I could hear the calls signaling that it's time to get back on set. I took a deep breath, feeling renewed and ready to tackle the next scene with all my energy and focus.

"Alright, ready for round two?" Jamie asked, taking a deep breath.
"Definitely. This is exhausting...but it's kind of fun." I replied.
"We'll see if your still saying that six months from now." He teased.
"Lils, do you remember your ending line for this scene? It's good one." Henry chuckled.
"How could I forget it? I'll do whatever I want- I'm Betty freaking Jenkins."
"Okay...action!" The director yelled.
"This may be your case, but this is my bust...and I'm not leaving here without him in cuffs!"- me
"I'd like to see you try. They don't call me the devil because I look good in red."- Jamie
"You can't keep doing this, Betty. Your a cop, not a vigilante!"- Henry.
"I'll do whatever I want- I'm Betty freaking Jenkins." - me.
"And cut! Nice job everyone." The director yelled as the crew wrapped up for the night.

I have big plans for Lilly and Jamie! I can't wait to write the next few chapters!!!