The return

As I approached the entrance of the club, the sound of pulsating music grows louder and more enticing with each step. The club's sleek and modern exterior shimmers against the night sky, with its vibrant lights and the promise of an unforgettable experience. The bouncer stands tall at the entrance, observing the crowd with a discerning eye, ensuring only those ready to revel in the night's energy are granted entry.

...

"Well it's looks like Maria and Vaughn have hit it off." Jamie smirked as he took a sip from his cold beer, confidently standing just a few feet away from me. "Yeah, I'll say," my eyes darted to the happy couple. "Maria is in full-blown flirt mode."

"So is he. He told me he really likes her music. And trust me, he doesn't say that lightly." He admitted with a chuckle. My eyes widened in response as my lips curled into a smile, "That's wonderful! This has gone better than I ever would have hoped for. Thanks for setting this up for Maria."

I locked eyes with Jamie, feeling a surge of intimacy as he delicately intertwined his fingers with mine. Leaning in towards my ear, his voice came in a soft, gentle whisper. "I did it for you. Whatever I can do to make you happy...I'll do it." Suddenly I felt my cheeks heat up from his statement before replying, "Awh, Jamie, thank you. You always know what to say to make a girl blush."

"I do huh?" He teased. "Yeah, yeah you do. And I adore you for it." I playfully nudged him, revealing his pearly white teeth and his eyes shaped like crescents. "Anyway," I continued "I think things are looking really good for Maria."

"Yeah," he added, nodding his head in agreement as he took another sip of his beer,"It'd be great if she could join us out here in Hollywood for good." My brows furrowed in confusion as I questioned. "What do you mean? For good?"

He swallowed the golden liquid, placing the empty glass on the wooden table beside us, "Well, I figured you'd be sticking around after the movie. I'm starting another movie after this...and I want you to stay out with me." Jamie explained with pleading eyes.

There was a short silence before I answered. "Well, to be honest, I haven't thought about what I'm doing when this is done." His face displayed a puzzled expression. "What do you mean? You fit right in here." This time nudging me in a playful manner but stopped when he noticed my scowled face.

I sighed, "As Anna, maybe. But I can't pretend to be her forever. Eventually I have to figure out what I want to do with my life." Jamie walked closer to me, breaking the inches in between us. "And you can do that. Here, with me." He reassured, pointing to our surroundings. "I..I don't know what to say." I stuttered, unsure of how to respond. "We don't have to figure anything out now. Let's just see what happens when the movie is over. Okay?" Jamie offered. "Okay..." I faintly replied with a mixture of uncertainty and confusion as we dropped the topic.

"Anyway, where's Henry? I haven't seen him in at least a few hours ago. I feel kinda bad he's the fifth wheel." Jamie questioned, no sign of him anywhere. "Same here." I began. "But Henry's just fine. This isn't his cup of tea anyway. He's just a simple guy who wants a simple life." "I can tell. But alright. Now stay put, I'm going to get us all another round." He made a saluting motion with his two fingers before walking off to approach the bar.

...

Approaching the mirror in the bathroom, I began to quickly touch up my makeup. Until Maria came stumbling into the room giggling. "Lilly, Vaughn is amazing! Im definitely going home with him tonight." She exclaimed with excitement.

Despite her drunken state, I was happy for her. "Damn, you go girl." She exhaled a breath before continuing to fantasise about him. "Ah, it's better than I ever dreamed it would be! And he's so hot. Im hoping this is my big break." A huge smile appeared on her face.