Thought you should know

"Damn it, lils." Henry muttered under his breath, his voice heavy with an emotion he had been burying for far too long. "There's something I want to say to you."

"What is it?" I asked, my eyes widening with curiosity.

Henry hesitated, his gaze averted as he struggled to find the right words. "This isn't going to be easy for me because...I haven't been totally honest with you."

"You haven't?" I repeated, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

He sighed, a mixture of fear and vulnerability gripping his heart as he continued. "And I don't want you to be upset with me if I tell you the truth."

"Henry, you can tell me anything. You know that. What's going on?" I reassured in a soft tone.

Summoning all his courage, he looked into my eyes, desperately hoping for understanding. "I'm happy that Anna and Jamie are breaking up...but I really wish that lils and Jamie were breaking up."

Trying to find the words to say, I stuttered. "I...wow. Henry...I don't know what to say. That's..that's..." taken aback.

Henry interrupted me, unable to contain his emotions any longer. "It's the truth. I apologise for blurting it out like that...but I can't keep it in any longer."

"But...why?" I questioned, my eyes staring into Henry's vulnerable ones, searching for an explanation.

"I'm in love with you." He blurted, causing me to spit my drink all over Henry in disbelief.

Embarrassed, I wiped my mouth and composed myself. "Henry!"

"I have been this entire time. I've tried being okay with everything...ignore you and Jamie together. Even tried to sleep with Erica to get you out of my head...but it hasn't worked." He added.

"Henry—"

"I know you're with Jamie...I respect that. And I know he has so much more to offer than me...but I just had to tell you how I feel. I felt like it was all going to burst out of my chest." He confessed, I was gobsmacked but not in a good way.

"I don't know what you want me to say. You know I'm with Jamie. I've been honest with you about that along the way." My gaze fixated on my hands which currently were trembling on my lap, I couldn't even look him in the eye.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I was naive this whole time. Maybe Henry wasn't over our relationship.

"I know you are. And if that's what you want...then great. I can be happy for you. But sometimes...I don't know." There was a pause. "I get that feeling you'd rather be anywhere but here in Hollywood. Look, I don't want things to be awkward between us. I swear I don't. I just had to get this all off my chest. I never stopped wanting you...not from the first day I saw you at sully's."

"I'm sorry, Henry. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I never meant to. My life just...took a turn." I explained, not wanting him to get the wrong impression.

"I know it did. You don't have to explain that to me again, I know things happened that were out of your control. I'm going to give you some space. See you tonight for filming." And with that, he disappeared, leaving me with a dripping coffee covered table.

...

Big sis Han 🫶
Wow.
So he just came right out and told you?!
In the middle of the cafe?!

Lils🫶
Yup.
I mean...I can't say I didn't know.
Henry and I have always had chemistry.
And we have a past.

Big sis Han🫶
I know.
I remember those days.
You used to talk my ear off about him.
Well, before Jamie came into the picture.