The breakup

"But...why would we be breaking up?! The movie hasn't even come out yet! It's supposed to happen a month or two after the premiere."  Jamie exclaimed with confusion etched on his  face. Anna sighed deeply before responding, "You know Donald. He wants to do things differently. He thinks a breakup in the middle of filming will be gorgeous for headlines."

Jamie's brows furrowed in disbelief, his eyes widening. "Well, what the hell?! Why didn't he tell me?!" She shrugged in response, "You'll have to take that up with him." Frustration enveloped Jamie as he muttered, "Ughhhhhh. This makes no sense!"

Anna tried to ease the tension, offering a small smile. "Don't be like that. It'll be fun." Jamie couldn't hide his incredulity. "Fun?! How will breaking up in public be fun?!" Anna chuckled, enjoying his reaction. "You're the actor. You tell me." Jamie let out a laugh, her voice tinged with a hint of bitterness. "Actor? I feel more like a puppet."

"Oh, come on." She groaned. "Don't be so dramatic. Not to mention you should be used to this type of thing. This isn't you're first trip around the block." Jamie hesitated, sighing as his gaze drifted away momentarily. "I know, but...this is different."

Intrigued, Anna leaned in, curious to understand his perspective. "Different? How's this different?" Jamie's voice grew more tense as he confessed, "Because now I'm not going to be able to be seen with Lilly in public."

"So what. Why does that matter?"
She scoffed, squinting her eyes as a small laugh escaped from her mouth.

Jamie's eyes met hers, filled with a mixture of sadness and aggression,
"It matters because I love her."

...MEANWHILE...

"Lils you can't wear that." Maria whispered, her voice laced with concern as she surveyed my outfit. "Maria can't you see I'm having a breakdown?" I replied, my eyes filled with desperation. "Ugh. You're giving me a headache." She groaned, rubbing her temples.

"I'm just nervous! Why would Anna come back here? Do you think she wants to take her place in the movie?" I said as my voice trembled with uncertainty. "I doubt it. Didn't you say she hates this lifestyle? That she wants nothing to do with being Anna anymore?" She reassured. "Yes, but you never know. Maybe she changed her mind." My voice wavered with a mix of fear and hope.

"If she did...would that bother you?" Maria asked, her tone gentle yet searching. "Yes, it would. Well, right now anyway. I've been working really hard on this movie. And I want to see it through." I confessed. "I doubt she'd take over the movie." Maria reassured me with a comforting smile.

"I hope not. This situation is complicated that's for sure. I just wish I knew what the hell is going on." I exclaimed, frustration evident in my voice. "You'll find out soon enough. Jamie wouldn't keep you hanging...." Maria reassured me, once again. "Who are you texting?" I inquired, my eyes narrowing curiously towards her phone.

"Henry, just letting him know what happened." Maria replied, momentarily distracted.
"Ugh, I totally forgot about Henry. We totally ditched him!" I exclaimed, guilt creeping into my voice. "He's fine. He knows what happened. And for Vaughn, I'm seeing him later." Maria assured, trying to alleviate my concerns.

"Hopefully he didn't notice the real Anna." I muttered, my apprehension increasing.
"Even if he did..I plan on distracting him enough to make him forget." Maria declared, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Just then, Jamie stormed into the room, interrupting the conversation.

"Jamie! There you are. I was getting worried." I exclaimed, placing my hands on his shoulders with relief flooding me.