*I deserve better*

You brought Jamie to meet Maria! How is she going to handle this?

"What are you doing here? You don't work today." Maria asked with a mean tone in her voice.
'Maria.. there is someone I want you to meet.' I said whilst pulling Jamie out from hiding behind the pillar.
"Yes, yes... it's Jamie flatters. He said trying to show himself off. I rolled my eyes in response. However Maria's response was the complete opposite. She looked like she was about to faint.
"YOU'RE...YOU'RE...YOU'RE..." she rendered speechless,unable to get her words out.
"Jamie flatters. At your service, my dear."
"But..you..oh my god! I think I'm going to pass out!" She screamed.
"I assure you, I'm not that worthy of that much excitement. Although...I have made a woman pass out before." He explained, smirking at me.
'So humble, Jamie.' I replied, rolling my eyes.
"It's so nice to meet you! I'm your biggest fan! I loved ALL of your movies!" Maria added, full of excitement.
"Well, thank you for your support. If only OTHER people would appreciate my films that much." He answered, referring to me, again.
'What is there to appreciate about 'the priest' ? Sorry, but you as a man of the cloth is laughable.' I chuckled, revisiting the scene in my head.
"I had do to a lot of tough research for that role, I'll have you know!" He snapped, defending himself.
'Like what? Stay celibate for a week?' I snapped back, chuckling at his annoyed face.
"Lilly! You're being rude!" Maria scolded.
'okay, okay, you're right. I'm sorry. I will keep my opinions to myself.' I explained, still not taking it seriously.
"No, you won't. And that's why I like you." Jamie said, smiling along with me.
"AHEM!"
"Ah yes. So Maria, I hear you play piano?" He questioned.
"Yes! I've been playing since I was little."
'She's fantastic. You have to hear her play sometime.' I addressed, she really was the best.
"I can do better than that. Why don't you come visit lils and me in LA next month and I'll introduce you to Vaughn Rubino ?" He offered, earning a huge smile from my best friend.
"VAUGHN RUBINO?! He's like... the best piano player in the world! And he's...he's..so intense! All those piercings!"
"He's a miserable SOB, but appreciates those who appreciate the piano. What do you say?"
"YES! I'd love to! Thank you!" She responded.
"Then it's settled."
"But wait... you're going to LA, lils?"
"I'll let you two chat about that one. In the meantime, lils, I'm going to have a word with sully."
'Let's go take a quick walk.' I suggested, pointing out the window.
"Okay.. I'll let Gladys know I'm going on break." She agreed.

As we walked away from the restaurant, past the lush trees and beautiful scenery, we began to make a conversation.
"A movie... holy crap." Maria stated.
'Please be happy for me. For the millionth time, I'm sorry. I really couldn't tell anyone about what I was doing! I just hate when you're angry and I hate when we're fighting. We've been friends forever. I don't want something like this to come between us.' I begged.
"I know. I feel the same way. I'm sorry, too. I was jealous, to be honest. You've always gotten so much attention... not just now, but always. I've sort of felt put on the back burner our whole lives."
'That's not true! You were always the outgoing one... the more sociable one... the one going on dates.'  I protested.
"I had to command attention. You always got it naturally." She explained.
'That's just the way you see it. I think you're the most beautiful person I know. And everyone around us always sees that, too.'
"Thanks, lils."
'Can we be friends again?' I asked.
"Well... I guess I can't stay mad at you when you brought Jamie flatters here to meet me."
'Is he everything you thought he'd be?'
"Movie star gorgeous? Yes. Lusting hard for my best friend? Yes." She stated.
'What?!'
"Oh, come on. I know speaks when I see them. You two have some serious chemistry."
'Agh, I know. Still trying to figure that part out because there are about a million complications that come with that situation.... Do you hate me for it?' I asked.
"I could never. It was never about that. Honestly, if you're happy, I'm happy! I have worries, but...I support you with whatever happens."
'Thanks, Maria.' She smiled.
"ESPECIALLY if you can get the hook up with Vaughn Rubino. He 1,000x hotter than Jamie. But.. what are you going to do about Henry?" She wondered.
'I think I have to end things for now. The timing just isn't right. And it isn't fair to him.'
"Well, looks like you're going to get you're chance. He's staring at you from the window. And he doesn't look happy."

'Umm....hi.'
"You're leaving again?" He asked.
'How did you know?'
"Just heard you're movie star talking to Sully. A movie? Six months?"
'Yes. I wish you could be happy for me—' I began.
"I AM happy for you, Lilly. I hope it goes well for you."
'That means so much, Henry. And I think we should talk—'
"No.  I think you and I have done enough talking. Let's just end things here."
'Henry...'
"I can't wait for you anymore. I feel like I've made a fool of myself."
'Don't say that! I'm the one to blame here.'
"Look, no offence, but I don't want to have this conversation. I'm done trying to figure things out. Figure YOU out. I deserve better."
He's right. I don't deserve him. I should just let him go.
"WOW. You and that boy have some serious passion. It would look great on the big screen." Donald explained, emerging from nowhere.
'Just leave it alone, Donald.' I said in an annoyed tone.
"I mean it! Not as good as you and Jamie, but with a little coaching.."
'Just Drop It. I feel bad enough as it is.'
"Fine, fine. I'll drop it. The plane leaves soon... did you say goodbye to your family?"
'Yes.'
"You're friends?" He questioned.
'Whats left of them...'
"Good. Then go change and get your things. Jamie and I will meet you at the airport."

Alright... What see what I have. I better hurry before Donald complains....again...

"Weren't in the mood to put something nice on for the trip? Come one... tell me what happened. I can tell you've been sulking." Jamie said, worried about me.
'I don't want to talk about it.' I replied, keeping my head down.
"I know it has to do with Henry. I saw you two at Sully's."
'We were. And.. whatever we had going on is... over. For good.' I explained, on the verge of tears.
"I'm sorry." He stated, placing his hand on my chin, lifting my head up to look at him.
'No, you're not.' I answered.
"Okay, okay, you're right. I'm not. Because I'm into you."
'But—'
"Don't act surprised. I've told you that in so many ways." He interrupted.
'But we can't—'
"We'll talk about it on the plane." He interrupted, again.
'Holy... oh my god! I just realised I didn't say goodbye, to Sully or tell him I was leaving!'
" oh yeah... I had a little talk with him about your situation."
'And?!'
"And you've been fired. Now come on, Hollywood waits for no one." He explained, dragging my to the plane.