Can of worms

"Can I see this picture?" I nervously chuckled whilst grabbing the picture off Donna, the palms of my hands began to form puddles of sweat as they trembled.
"Here you go...it clearly shows you and Henry arguing well before he was chosen to take on this role. Before you say you met him, on the movie set. I'm sure you understand how that is probably confusing to our audience. How can this be explained?" She raised her eyebrows, waiting for a reasonable explanation.
"Umm.. well, you see...." Henry began.
"What's wrong, Henry? Cat got your tongue?" Silence fell upon us.
I flashed Donna a quick grin before answering "There's a simple explanation for that. I went out to eat at sully's before I came to LA. Henry worked there. My limo was pulling in just as he was pulling out, and he sideswiped us." Nice try Donna, but you won't catch me.
"I'm a terrible driver." He chuckled, playing along with the lie.
"Anyway, that's what you're seeing here." I added, biting my lip to hold back my smile.
"Uh huh." She said with a straight face.
"I was just in a terrible mood that day. I have since apologised." I turned to Henry as he nodded his head to confirm.
"Donald met me that same day. He thought Anna and I would have good chemistry...and the rest is history." He explained as Donna stared into my soul. What the fuck was wrong with this woman.
"I see. Well if that was the truth, why didn't you say that from the beginning?" She asked.
"Well, we can't reveal all our best stories in just one interview right?" I stated with a playful smile.
"I see. Alright, we'll that was not as juicy as I thought. Moving on I guess.
Phew! That was a close one.

After the exhilarating interview concluded, my heart racing with anticipation, I swiftly propelled myself down the impeccably designed corridor towards the office of my esteemed manager, Donald. A conspicuous caution sign, adorned with bold lettering warning of treacherously sleek surfaces, ominously beckoned attention near the polished, glistening marble floor. However, oblivious to any potential hazards, my singular focus propelled me forward, without a shred of concern. Gracefully skidding around the elegant corners, my flowing dress harmoniously danced with the gusts of my hurried movement, while the delicate strap of my fashionable sandals reassured each step. Finally, with a burst of determination, I arrived at Donald's door, a conspicuous barrier between me and the eagerly awaited exchange of words. Barging into the room, my entrance instantly commanded Donald's attention, prompting him to swiftly rise from his seat. In a remarkable display of concern, he effortlessly closed the distance, becoming a pillar of support as I gasped for air, my breath still betraying the echoes of the intense sprint.

"I can't believe that picture got out! How could I have been so stupid!? I usually have such a good eye for the paparazzi." He stated with a worried tone as he placed his hand on his forehead.
"Should I have just pretended that it wasn't me? Did I give the wrong answer?" I questioned, beginning to feel paranoid.
"No way. You saved out butts back there. Thank god I wasn't doing this interview alone. I would have had no idea what to say." Said Henry, standing at the threshold of Donald's door.
"Thanks, Henry." I smiled.
"No, you did the right thing. If you claimed that it wasn't you, that would have opened up a whole new can of worms. Then folks would find out the truth. I need to make a few calls. If you'll both excuse me." Donald explained, leading us out of his office.

"Geez. I guess my first interview didn't go so well, did it?" Henry stated as we walked in sync down the corridor.
"You did fine. Honestly, she's known as the toughest in this business. Any other interviews we do will be a breeze compared to that." I assured him.
"Good to know. Anyway, I'm starving. Want to have dinner here instead of takeaway?"
"I know, and I really would love to. But i'm so exhausted after today. The stunt really took a lot out of me." I wasn't lying it really made me feel shattered.
"Alright. At least let me walk you to your room." He offered.
"Of course." I smiled.

"Geez, I thought that girl in the lift was going to jump you! It was like she'd never seen a hot guy before." I giggled as we exited the lift.
"Aw, come on. She was only like that because I was with you. She thought i was someone famous or something."  He chuckled.
I nudged him playfully. "No way she'd think that. Everyone knows I'm with Jamie!"
"Yeah. I've been finding that a little hard to forget." He muttered.
"Henry..."
"Anyway, get some sleep. I'll see you bright and early tomorrow. Night, lils."
"Yeah, goodnight."
Speaking of Jamie....I better make sure he made it upstate okay.

Lils❤️
Hey Jamie!

Jamie😘
Hey babyyyy!
How was the interview?

Lils❤️
It was with Donna Morehouse. 😒

Jamie😘
Ahh
Enough said.

Lils❤️
How are you doing?

Jamie😘
Just settling into the hotel.
It's a nice area!
We should up sometime and stay a few nights.

Lils❤️
Yeah, that would be nice.

Jamie😘
I miss youuuu x

Lils❤️
Oh yeah, how much?

Jamie😘
MUCH
More than you can ever imagine.

Lils❤️
I've been imagining a few things of my own.

Jamie😘
Have you? 😏

Lils❤️
Yes
Specifically what we were talking about earlier today.
Do you remember?

Jamie😘
Don't be coy
It's all I can think about.

Lils❤️
Maybe I should have waited to tell you when I got back...

Jamie😘
No way.
Anticipation is half the fun.
And I'm sure as hell anticipating it.
What made you decide that all of the sudden?
I mean, not that I'm complaining.

Lils❤️
You and me both.
And the stunt...
I don't know..
It's not that I really believed something would happen to me...
But my life did kind of flash before my eyes.

Jamie😘
And you thought to yourself....
There's a hot movie star here that wants me.
Why the hell am I waiting around?

Lils❤️
Actually, yes.
Do you know how many girls would kill for a night with you?
Consequences be dammed.
I'm not wasting my chance!

Jamie😘
What consequences could there possibly be?

Lils❤️
I don't know.
But there are consequences to everything.
Anyway I'm going to get some sleep.
Lots of filming tomorrow!

Jamie😘
Goodnight, lils.
Good luck.

Lils❤️
You too.

The next day...

As I entered the dressing room, Erica completely ignored me, which was quite odd. I placed my bags in the corner of the room and took a seat in front of the mirror.

"Another day of filming with Henry, huh?" She coldly stated, not even bothering to look at me.
"Yes. Erica, does that bother you?" I questioned "You know there's nothing I can do about it. We're making a movie together."
"Can I be honest? And you won't hate me?" She sighed.
"Of course. You've been nothing but sweet to me. I could never hate you." I smiled.
"Well, it's just...I feel like he likes you." I swiftly turned my chair, facing her before responding. "No way! Trust me, I would know."
"No, I'm telling you...I wouldn't just make this up for no reason." I shook my head continuously refusing to believe her. But I couldn't help but wonder
Could this be true? I mean, henry is the one that ended things. Not that I gave him much of a choice.

"Well, sometimes people get a little starstruck. Thats probably all that it is. Being in Hollywood is new for him." I explained, tying my layered hair up.
"I guess so. It just seems like there's more to it than that." She continued, a hint of sadness in her voice.
"I'm engaged to Jamie. You have nothing to worry about." I added, showing her my beautiful ring that glinted under the bright lights.
"I know. I wish he would look at me that way. I keep trying but nothing is working."
"Erica—" I began
"Change of plans. We're getting the boudoir scenes done today." Donald's voice echoed through the speakers.
"Boudoir? Wait the sex scenes? But...they're not supposed to be done until later this week." I shouted with annoyance, a groan leaving my mouth.
"Like I said...change of plans. Erica, we need her and Henry gussied up in some lingerie stat." He requested.
"Can we finish our conversation later." She said.
"Erica-" I stated.
"No please, I don't want to talk about it. Just choose some lingerie." She yelled back. Wow, I had never seen this side to her. If I didn't know any better I'd say she was jealous.