*plot twist*

"Henry?! What the hell are you doing here in LA?!" I demanded as I saw him.
"Stalking you. Following you. Take your pick." Jamie frustratedly questioned.
"What the hell?! I was NOT doing any of those things! I'm here because—"
"My security team is top notch, Henry." Jamie interrupted sternly. "You told the desk clerk to her face that Anna wasn't expecting you. So of course they alerted me, her fiancé, right away. You think you can just walk up to a desk and ask for Anna Sophia's room number?! Not to mention that our rooms are connected—"
"I just needed to talk to Lils." Henry stammered, desperately trying to explain himself.
"Why would you need to do that? Things between you two are over—"
"Both of you, please! Stop it." I yelled, pacing the room as I covered my ears from the loud noises. At this point, I thought we were going to get kicked out of the hotel. "I can't think straight with all this yelling. Henry, what are you doing here?"
"I would have explained a long time ago if I could get a damn word in edgewise. I was invited here." He whisper yelled.
"By who?" Jamie added, furrowing his eyebrows at Henry as he leant against the door frame.
"Donald. He asked me to take over Luke's role in the movie. I said yes."
"....what did you just say?" We yelled in sync.
"I said...I'm going to be in the movie with you two. I was hired on as the new angel." He repeated.
"Oh my God... Henry...I don't know what to say. I'm shocked." I said before collapsing onto my huge bed. I just wanted to sleep. Was that too much to ask?
"So am I. The past day has been a whirlwind." Henry continued.
"But how can that be?! You don't have any experience!" Jamie asked.
"Neither does Lilly. And Donald said he wanted an unknown for this part."
"So they bring in a nobody?!" He mumbled but loud enough for us all to hear.
"Jamie! That's incredibly rude." I scolded.
"Well, it's true. But Donald is making it worth my while. And hey, I figured it would be fun. I do this, and I'll be able to buy that ranch I've always wanted upstate."
"This is unbelievable. You've not doing this to buy damn ranch. you're doing this to get back with lils!" Jamie blurted, unable to keep his thoughts inside any longer.
"I am not. I ended things with Lilly and I meant to stick by that. But when I got to this hotel, I figured the right thing to do would be to tell her the news myself. Face to face. Before she found out from anyone else."
"Real smooth. You were just trying to—"
"Jamie, please. You're not helping." I interrupted, glaring at Jamie.
"Whatever, I need to talk to Donald about this."
......
"Well, he looks happy. Never thought I'd ever have the chance to get on Jamie flatters bad side." Henry confessed, laughing nervously.
"Don't worry about him. He can be a little...off...when he's upset." I responded walking towards the door to show him out.
"I've noticed. Look... now that he's gone. Can we talk about this?"
"I'm exhausted. And I need a bit of time to process this. Do you mind if you chat tomorrow?" I asked with heavy eyes.
"Yeah, sure. Just... I meant what I said. I'm not here to win you back or anything. Whatever you have going on with Jamie is your business."
"Okay, umm..good to know." I said in response.
"Night, Lilly."
"Night." I repeated as I twisted the lock on my door. Finally some sleep.
Geez! Freakin' plot twist.

The next morning....

As I entered the cafe, the smell of freshly brewed coffee and croissants filled the air. My manager Donald was already seated at a small table near the window, his eyes glued to the list he had planned for the day. The cafe had a cozy ambiance with dim lighting and wooden decor, giving off a warm and homely vibe.

I quickly scanned the room, making sure no paparazzi were lurking around, and then slid into the seat opposite Donald. I had to disguise yourself today, wearing sunglasses and a hat to make sure I wasn't noticed.
"Scones, a coffee and an appointment for a massage? I know sucking up when I see it."
"Just a little token of my appreciation." He said as he read through the list.
"You see when I saw you two talking at sully's that day...the sparks were flying between you! There was such a passion behind his eyes. I said to myself....now that is the angel this film needs. A perfect unknown. He's easy on the eyes, and looks at you like he loves you."
"He doesn't love me!" I protested, slamming my hand's against the table.
"It's an expression. And who cares if he does or doesn't.... The audience will believe he does. But he's perfect for this role. I'm giving him £500,000 for his time." He explained.
"I just hope you know what your doing." I responded.
"Jamie doesn't seem thrilled either, does he?" Donald asked.
"He's not happy at all. I haven't talked to him since last night and he won't answer my texts." I explained scrolling through all my unread messages.
"Ugh, I guess I'll have to deal with him later. Can't have an unhappy movie star on set. So, you enjoy your morning... get your massage... and hunker down and study those lines. We have a big scene between the three of you we have to film tomorrow."
"I know. I hate that we're filming out of order. It's so confusing." I said glancing down at my scripts.
"Just memorise those lines and you'll be fine. Let me know if you need anything."

I gathered my belongings and said goodbye to Donald at the cafe. As i stepped out of the bustling cafe, the gentle breeze outside felt refreshing against my face. I made my way towards the nearby park, hoping to find a quiet spot to rehearse my lines.

As I entered the park, i could hear the faint chirping of birds and the distant laughter of children playing. I scouted around and eventually found a quiet spot under a willow tree, shaded from the sun. I sat down on a bench, my script laid out in front of me.

"Hold it right there! Don't even take a breath, or you'll regret it. Then Jamie says... that's easy. Like I told you last time we met, I can barely breathe when I look at you. Then I say...like I told you the last time we met, flattery won't get you anywhere. Then Henry comes in and says...Betty, you shouldn't be here. This is my case! Then I say... this may be your case, but this is my bust." So much to remember.
"Practicing lines?" I lifted my head up to see Jamie smiling in front me.
"I am. How did you find me?" I questioned.
"I can see this park from my window. You have to be careful, you know. Paparazzi are everywhere." He replied as he sat on the bench beside me.
"I was just trying to find a quiet place. I'm nervous about tomorrow and the last 24 hours have been a bit overwhelming."
"For us both. I'm sorry if I overreacted about Henry. Clearly seeing him brings worst in me." I chuckled in response.
"No need to apologise. Henry showing up threw us both for a loop."
"It sure did. Honestly, he was the last person I was ever expecting to take Luke's place."
"You and me both." I added.
"I have accepted Henry is here now. And I'm willing to work with him just as I would with any other actor." I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Was this before or after you tried to get him fired?"
"Before."
"Jamie!" I nudged him playfully.
"But Barb fell in love with him at first sight. So it was a lost cause."
"Ugh. What am I going to do with you?" I giggled, shaking my head.
"Am I that bad?" He teased.
"No, you're not that bad. Deep down I know you're a good person." He smiled.
"I'm trying. I know I'm very Hollywood. But I'm trying to tamp that down a bit. It's easy around you."
"That's a nice thing to say." I smiled.
"I'm just worried now that with Henry here....maybe you won't...maybe he's more..." he stuttered.
"I know what your going to say and I don't want you to worry about that. Henry and I have ended whats between us. It's over." He sighed in relief.
"Alright. So what do you say to a little company? Need more help practicing your lines?"
"Definitely. This scene we're filming tomorrow is going to be intense. A showdown between all three of us." I responded.
"I'm looking forward to it. Now, let's take it from the top." He suggested.
"Don't you need your script?" I questioned.
"Nope, already memorised it." He chuckled.
I rolled my eyes and groaned "Ugh. Of course you did."

𝗦𝘂𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗰𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝟮 { 𝗮 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗲 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 }जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें