04 - A better job?

" Hey I'm done where are you? " Jisung walks out the exit and called Seungmin since they decided that the latter would pick Jisung from the hospital and they'll go together to seungmin's house.

" I'm in the parking lot. " He heard seungmin reply and walked towards the parking lot. Soon enough he saw the black Mercedes.

" Hey. "

" Hi how's your mom? "

" Better than before. " Jisung replied and buckled the seat belt.

" By the way, I called lix and innie too. " Seungmin informed and drived out of the parking lot towards his home.

" That's great, I haven't seen them in ages. "

" Yeah, since innie started working as an assistant and Lix as a baker, they have been busy so I guess it's time we catch up with each other. "

" Why didn't you invite hyunjin? He seemed pretty sad when you ignored him earlier. " Seungmin bit his lips at that statement. He didn't mean to make him sad but he thought it'll be awkward since Hyunjin only knows Jisung.

" I didn't mean to make him sad. " Seungmin mumbled.

" Do you really hate him? " Jisung asked now completely shifting his focus on the younger boy.

" I don't necessarily hate him. He is just.. Annoying? "

" See, even you aren't sure. " Jisung pointed out. " How would you know if you hate him or not if you don't even give him a chance. "

Seungmin thought for a second. Jisung was right, he didn't know why he was rude to the older boy, it's just whenever he is near, seungmin couldn't focus on any other thing and that seemed to annoy him.

" How? " This took Jisung by surprise. He didn't think that seungmin would consider his advice but he spoke up anyways.

" How about you say yes to that dinner date? " Seungmin again thought for a second before slowly nodding. " I'll think about it. "
He said and Jisung smiled before they both walked out of the car when they arrived at the Kim's house.

" Lix and innie will be arriving soon so go ahead and wait in my room. I'll bring some snacks. " Seungmin said and walked to the kitchen. He nodded and started walking upstairs.

" Seung are you home? " Mrs kim called and walked out her office when she heard the front door open.

" Oh good evening Mrs.  Kim. " Jisung greeted her with a smile while she looked at him in surprise.

" Han Jisung? " She asked and received a nod from Jisung.

" Oh you do look like her! " She said and walked closer to Jisung. " You both have same eyes but your cheeks are fluffier. " She cupped his face without warning and squeezed his cheeks. Jisung let out a surprised squeak and tried to back away.

" Mom stop! You're making him uncomfortable. " Seungmin removed her hands from Jisung's cheeks and held her back.

" Oh I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I apologize. " She said with a guilty smile. She straightened her posture and extended her hand towards him.

" Hi I'm Seungmin's mom. Nice to meet you. " She greeted with a smile similar to Seungmin's and Jisung shook her hand.

" Okay now mom, we are going to my room. More of my friends will come soon so guide them up. " Seungmin informed and dragged Jisung up to his bedroom.

" Sorry about her. She is weird sometimes. "

" No it's okay. " Jisung said with a chuckle and placed himself on the bed.

" Ooh~ your bed is so fluffy!! " Jisung jumped up and down excitedly which made the younger boy laugh.

" Wanna play Mario Kart? " Seungmin offered and held out two consoles.

" Of course! " Jisung said and jumped from the bed towards the TV.

Soon enough Felix and Jeongin arrived and all four together started to play different games.

Sometime later Jisung felt a sudden urge to drink something. He looked around the room to see Seungmin and Jeongin in a heated battle while Felix was cheering them.

Deciding not to distrub them, Jisung stood up and walked out the room towards the kitchen.
He poured some cold water into a mug and took a sip.

" What do you do for living? " Jisung almost spit out the water in his mouth at Mrs. Kim's sudden appearance.

" Uh.. I'm a barista at Seungmin's café. " He said coughing a little.

" He doesn't pay you enough right? " Jisung paused for a second. Should he say yes? So that Mrs Kim will ask seungmin to increase his pay or should he say no? But then again the pay actually was little for him as he had to support his mother too.

" Well I heard your mom is in the hospital? " Mrs Kim continued when she saw the hesitation on his face.

" Uh yes.. "

" I wish for her healthy recovery. " She said with a small smile but something told Jisung that she wasn't done yet.

" Thank you. " He replied nonetheless.

" It must be difficult right? Having to pay for her medical bills? " Mrs kim asked. She knew that Jisung's father passed away when he was 10 so he was the only man working for their family.

She didn't want to be the person to take family as a weakness but it was the truth. While Seungmin despite having a rich family, worked for fun, Jisung worked for the money to pay the hospital bills.

Jisung didn't say anything and bit his lips. He didn't understand where this conversation was going so he decided to wait and let Mrs kim finish her dialogue. 

" If you want, I would like to offer you a better paying job. " She said filling herself another mug of water. Jisung looked at her in interest because of course who would say no to a better job.

" A better job? " Jisung questioned when she didn't continue but instead drank the water as if she didn't say anything right now.

" Meet me tomorrow near district 9 at 8 am sharp so that we can discuss further details. " She flashed a smile and walked out of the kitchen leaving a confused Jisung.

" She is actually weird. " Jisung tilted his head as he recalled the conversation.

Maybe he can finally pay the hospital bills on time?

┈・𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪・┈

07.05.23
Word count - 1024
4 chapters in one day🤩 The amount of motivation I hv for this story while my others story are all dusty and rusted. Smh.