09 - Its the Date Day

A knock sounded on the bathroom door Jisung was in.
" Jisung it's time. " He heard Mrs. Kim say from opposite side.

" One minute. " He replied and looked at himself in the mirror.

' You can do it Jisung! It's just a date. It's like a hang out with buddies! '

He took a few deep breaths and gave a small pep talk. He straightened his dress and fixed his blonde hair wig.
After taking one final look in the mirror, he walked out the bathroom.

" Looking good as always. " Mrs kim gave a small smile to which he gave thankful eyes.
" Wish me luck. "

He walked out of the house and towards the dark blue mercedes pulled up in front of the Park's house.

" Hi. " He greeted awkwardly and sat in the passenger seat.

" Hey. You're looking good. " Minho complimented so that the atmosphere won't get awkward. Jisung let out a shy thank you and returned the compliment.

Minho gave a small smile back and pulled out of the parking space, driving towards the direction towards the date place.

" Where are we going? " Jisung asked with curiosity.

" It's a sur- "

" Please don't say it's a surprise. " Jisung cut him off before he could complete his statements. He had read far too many romance novels to predict the answer to the question he previously asked.

Minho chuckled at his statement. " You wouldn't know even if I told you. " This place was something he always went to when he had too much or just nothing to think about. Usually people had a comfort person but for him it was his comfort place.

Jisung hummed and silence engulfed between the two. He looked towards the radio and decided to play some music rather than sitting in the awkward silence.

" What kind of music do you like? " Jisung questioned as he didn't want to play something the older didn't like. It was his car after all.

" Anything, except rap. " He said with a shrug. Jisung looked at him in shock.

" Why don't you like rap? " He asked with wide eyes. Rap was something he liked and composed sometimes but Minho didn't have to know that.

The older just shrugged in response.
" Then what do you like? Retro? "

" Maybe. Retro isn't that bad. " That surprised him further but he didn't judge.

" You are such an oldie. "

" I call that good music taste. " Minho said while Jisung scoffed.

" You just haven't heard good music, that's all. "

" Then how about you show me some good music? " Minho looked at him with a challenging smirk which Jisung matched since he had a perfect song in his head.

" I'm gonna turn your life upside down with this song. " He immediately connected his phone's bluetooth to the speakers, opening spotify to play the song.

Soon enough a song played through the speakers.

I'll protect you it's okay to hurt
I'll embrace the wounds you shed
To me, you're already a sin
You're already a sin (Yeah)

Light it up for me, brighter, more, please
Light it up for me more brightly, even the dark night
Doesn't scare me if I'm with you

Minho looked impressed and bopped his head along the song while Jisung slowly sang the lyrics which he knew by heart.

" Who's the artist? I have never heard this song before. " The older asked as he actually liked the song.

" Why, do you like it? " Jisung asked with a grin knowing full well what the older would answer.

" I don't want to admit, "

" But..? " He urged and tried to sound clueless.

" But it's actually a good song. " Minho sighed in defeat while Jisung giggled in victory.
" Oh now come on! Tell me who's the artist. "

" Umm.. I don't know. It's anonymously posted on Spotify. " He lied smoothly. Even though he wanted to boast about the song he himself wrote, he couldn't risk it when he was clearly dressed as Jiselle.
" But for your information, he is a rapper. "

Minho chuckled at how the younger mocked him with the last statement. He found it amusing how Jisung (Jiselle) can speak so freely with him. Also the fact that he had a conversation which lasted more than 60 seconds was something he didn't know he could do.

" Okay I'm sorry for sleeping on rappers. " Minho sighed dramatically which only caused Jisung to giggle more.

" Now, let's go. We are here. " Jisung didn't even notice, the older had parked the car. He looked around and found that they were out of the city near the forest area.

" Are you gonna kill me and hide my body here? " Jisung joked but stopped when he saw Minho smirking mischievously. " Wait, really? "

" I might. " Minho chuckled at how scared the younger looked.

" Aye come one Minho. You don't seem like the one to murder people. " As a response Minho gave a open eyed smile which looked quite terrifying.

" Okay maybe a little psychopathic. " Jisung mumbled under his breath and soon enough they were standing in a clearing.

" Wait- is that a swing? " Jisung asked, more like stated the obvious and walked towards it.

Minho hummed and tailed behind him. This place held a great meaning for him.

When he was around 12, he came here for a picnic with his mom and dad. He fished with his dad in the river and his mom would sit on the picnic cloth placed under the tree.
He remembered laughing and smiling with joy that day. The way he accidentally tripped and fell in the water when he tried to catch the fish with bare hands, he remembers his dad laughing his heart out while his mom scolded the little Minho for getting his clothes wet. She had bought an extra pair of clothes just incase, since she knew her son's entices, but that didn't stop her from scolding his son who had his pants soaked with water.

He chuckled when he saw the swing he tied along with his dad. He remembered that day as clear as the sky above. He wished he could go back in time and sit on that swing again with his dad pushing the swing from behind. Both having such a huge grin that even the sun would get jealous of them.

┈・𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪・┈

16.05.23
Word count - 1043
What is your dream date?