25 - Not in a million years

Even though Jisung said that he'll consider telling Minho the truth, he was still unsure.

What if Jisung confesses and Minho isn't even gay?

So many questions inside his head that he felt like exploding.

" I'll leave for the café. You wanna join? " Seungmin asked once they have cleaned their plates.

" Yeah sure. I have vocal lessons today so I'll walk you till the intersection. " A distraction. Work will distract him from his problems till it blows over. Yes!
Jisung decided and they both walked downstreet.

" How's it going with Hyunjin? " Jisung questioned. He was kinda curious about the seungjin couple but since he was busy with his own lovelife he never had a chance to update himself.

" He is visiting the café often since you stopped coming. " Seungmin said with a shrug but Jisung could hear the underlying sadness in his tone and he knew something had happened.

" What are you hiding from me? " He side eyed seungmin who avoided eye contact like he would die if he looked Jisung in the eye.

" He just talked to me.. "

" And.. ? " Jisung urged.

" He asked me about my feelings and whether I considered him as a love interest. "

" Tell me you said yes. " Jisung said excited to finally see his two best friends who always reminded him of his singleness, going out.

" Well I was confused and freaked out, not like I don't like him and didn't consider going out with him but when he straight up asked me I didn't think it through and thought maybe he was joking just like always and- "

" What did you say to him? " Jisung cut off his ramble and seungmin once again avoided eye contact.

" I said, ' Not in a million years. ' Because I thought he was just joking. " Seungmin said with a pout and Jisung let out a loud sigh. " He said if that is my final answer he won't annoy me from now on. "

Seungmin continued with a sad voice. His eyes downcast maybe to hide the regret in them and Jisung couldn't help but feel the dejection hyunjin must have felt when seungmin answered that.

" So you don't like him? "

" No! I do, I really do! " Seungmin quickly defended and quietened his voice once he realized that he practically announced his feelings out loud. " I'm just dumb and don't know when to joke or when to stay serious. "

" Have you talked to him after that? "

" No. He stopped coming to the café after that. " He bit his lips as his eyes got blurry and looked at the sky.

" If you had to chance to tell him how you really feel, would you tell him? " Jisung questioned. He hated how sad seungmin looked and he knew hyunjin must have been in a worser condition. He had an idea and the only opportunity to set this thing right.

" I would. God, you don't know how much I regret my answer that day. He looked so sad and broken, I just want to hug him and tell him I didn't mean that. I just want to tell him how much I like him and just hold him close. " Seungmin sniffled and closed his eyes in a flimsy attempt to stop the tears from falling down his cheeks.

Jisung stopped and wrapped his arms around seungmin. " I'll talk to him and ask him to meet you. Just tell him the truth okay? "

Seungmin nodded and pressed his face on Jisung's shoulder. His voice was too weak and he feared if he spoke a single word, he would start bawling his eyes out with no particular full stop. So he just let the older wrap him in a warm hug while he tried to stop the tears from falling and wetting Jisung's hoodie.

" Now go. You have to go to the studio right? " Seungmin pulled away and wiped his face with his sleeves. His eyes were visibly red but his voice seemed stable now.

" You sure you'll be okay? " Jisung questioned with concerned eyes and seungmin nodded before pushing him towards the studio.
" Now go! I have to go to the café and see if soobin and yuqi are actually working or gossiping. "

" I bet they're gossiping about who wooyoung likes more as his friend, yeonjun or changbin. "

" I hope not. " Seungmin replied and with a smile Jisung walked towards the studio a block away from cupcafé.

At the studio

" Hyung! Can you help me practice this song I have to perform at my school musical? " Serin asked while betting her eyelashes towards him.

" Um sure. Let me just help tony here and then I'll help you okay? " Serin nodded with a wide smile and skipped away towards her friend circle.

After Jisung was done he walked towards the group of teenagers gathered in a circle, seemingly discussing a very interesting topic because no one seemed to notice Jisung walking towards them.

" And then I scooped a bite of mint choco and extended it towards byul but she again refused to take it. " Yongeun was narrating a story about their date, Jisung concluded and didn't disturb them but kept on eavesdropping.

" Then what did you do? "

" Nothing. " Yongeun shurgged. " I ate the whole ice cream and then kissed her. " Everyone around the circle gasped and even Jisung's jaw dropped.

" Stop telling them about our date!! " Byul said who had her hands pressed on her face. She was quiet the whole time that even Jisung didn't notice her sitting beside Yongeun.

" Did you like it byul? " One of the boys asked with wide excited eyes.

" No. "

" The kiss or the ice cream, because I'm sure I'm a great kisser. " Yongeun nudged her side with a smug smile while byul grumbled in her hands. No one could see her face but they were sure she was blushing like crazy that even her ears turned red.

" Just shut up! "

" Make me. " Yongeun said, smirking due to his visible effect on the poor blushing girl and the kids around them howling and whistling wasn't helping her calm down either.

" Oh come on. Let byul breathe. She is looking like a literal tomato. " Jake said with a fake attempt to help byul.

" Shut up or I'll kick your face hard enough to make it redder! " Byul huffed with a threatening glare which only made her look like an angry chihuahua.

" No violence please. " Jisung interrupted and some of the students gasped in surprise.

" Hyung! You scared us! " Jisung chuckled at their spooked faces and even byul seemed to be avoiding eye contact.

" I thought you were having fun teasing byul that's why I didn't interrupt. "

" Oh come on. Not you too. " Byul huffed and everyone around the circle laughed along.

┈・𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪・┈

12.06.23
Word count - 1116
A bit off track but plainess can get a little boring.