26 - Like a disheveled panda

" Have a good night! " The students greeted him before walking out of the studio.
It was only the 1st week of his teaching but the students were already getting along well with him and he couldn't feel more proud.

After glancing around the room for the last time. He turned off the lights and walked out of the door. However as soon as he turned around he bumped into a hard chest.

" Sorry- "

" Jisung hey! How are you? " Minho greeted him with his casual smile. Jisung once again gained his balance and stumbled away from Minho to let himself breathe.

" Hey. I'm good. " Jisung replied with his own smile. On normal days, he would have been thrilled to see Minho and talk to him but today he was painfully reminded how Minho won't smile at him the same way he smiled at Jiselle (which was actually him).

Maybe Minho isn't gay after all.

" You going home now? "

" Yeah. " Jisung nodded with his own small smile. He was still undecided about whether he will tell the truth or not but for now he forced that decision aside. " You are finished dancing too? "

" Yeah, I'm just going home. Want me to walk you till the café again? "

" If you don't mind. " Minho nodded with a smile and they both walked towards cupcafé.

He thought he wouldn't want to see Minho due to how he was constantly reminded of his lies but today he felt like he should cherish every moment he has with Minho before he finally tells the truth because as much as he hoped Minho wouldn't hate him, it was far too fictional to be true.

" You know today, dori tried to bite doongie's tail. " Minho started as they both walked side by side. " I never understood his obsession with his brother's tail. "

Jisung chuckled at his statement. He'll wait for the right time. Right time to tell the truth.
" One day I was in a park and there was this cat who was meowing at me like it want some pats, so I approached it but he/she dashed away as if I was gonna kidnap it. "

" Cats are weird. " Jisung added causing Minho to smile. " That's why I like them. Their weirdness makes them more interesting. "
Jisung nodded in agreement. He never had any pets due to obvious reasons but he would love to have one.

" Don't you want any pets? " Minho questioned and he shook his head.
" I can't. I always used to ask my mom for maybe a dog but due to some finance problem we couldn't. "

" You could ask your sister maybe. " Minho suggested and Jisung was reminded of his lie. The same lie he oh so desperately tried to forget.

" Uh.. I don't want to leech off of her. She has her life too you know. " Minho nodded.

" You both are the same. Never takes advantage of others. " He replied with a smile that Jisung couldn't quite decipher. Was it admiration? Or maybe amusement?

Soon enough they had reached the café which was almost empty. Seungmin could be seen standing at the cash counter greeting the last customer goodbye from the transparent windows of the café.

" We are here. " Minho said and stopped in front of the café door. Jisung glanced at seungmin inside the café and remembered their conversation earlier.

" You need to tell him. " Seungmin suggested and Jisung looked at him wide eyed.

" I can't seung! He'll break the deal. "

" Sung, you don't think he'll feel betrayed once he finds out that the girl he had went on several dates and had feelings for was someone else all along? "

Yeah he'll be betrayed and might cancel the deal altogether. But Jisung once again pushed the thought aside.

" How is hyunjin? "

" Hyunjin.. ? " Minho asked, confused due to the sudden mention of his best friend. He last talked to hyunjin when he randomly broke into Minho's house and he told the curious blonde about Jiselle.

" He talked to Seungmin. " Jisung said as he realized Minho may not know but Minho still looked clueless.

" Hyunjin likes seungmin right? "
" How do you- nevermind, it's quite obvious. What about seungmin? " Jisung sighed before telling him the whole story. He knew it wasn't his place to tell Minho about their life if hyunjin himself hadn't said anything but he needed Hyunjin to talk to seungmin and as he didn't know hyunjin privately, Minho was his only option to get hyunjin.

" That's messed up. "

" I know. Seungmin was dumb. "

" No, it's a valid reaction. If someone flirts with you as joke, you won't be able to tell apart when they're actually serious. " Jisung couldn't help but relate the statement to his own situation.

What if Minho thinks I like him as a joke?

Jisung quickly shook his head to get rid of those thoughts and tried to focus on the main point. " Since you didn't know, I assume hyunjin hasn't called you yet. "

" No. " Minho shook his head. " But recently he had a busy schedule that's why I thought maybe he didn't call. "

" I suggest you talk to him. " Jisung said and Minho nodded when he understood what he wanted to convey. He glanced towards seungmin and turned to walk away.

" And Jisung, you're a great friend, I like that about you. " Minho said with a smile and waved before finally walking away. Jisung smiled sadly and wished he could be more than a friend for Minho.

.

" Hyunjin? " Minho questioned as he rang the door bell of his apartment.

He almost gave up but then he heard a clank of bottle and then slow steps walking towards the door. After sometime the door opened and there he stood, his once perfect face now littered with dark circles and stray hairs blocking his once bright eyes.

" Minho? "

" You look like a disheveled panda. " Minho commented and pushed his way in.

" Wow such a nice compliment. " Hyunjin said with sarcasm dripping like the tipped water bottle on the kitchen counter. The hall wasn't in better condition either due to the scattered ramyeon boxes and a 90's movie playing in the background.

" God, were you camping in here or something? " Minho questioned as he kicked the empty ramyeon boxes aside and sat on the couch.

" Why are you here Minho? " Hyunjin asked while rubbing his tired eyes.

" How about we clean up first? " Minho suggested and once again stood up before rolling his sleeves to his elbows.

" I don't want to! " Hyunjin whined like a child deprived of sleep.
" Fine you don't have to clean the house. " Hyunjin eyes lit up but not for long as Minho continued. " But yourself because you stink like that garbage bag below your kitchen counter which I bet is sitting there for a week. "

" It was there for only 5 days. " Hyunjin pouted and Minho just scoffed before pushing hyunjin towards the bathroom.

" Clean yourself Mr. Tarzan. "

┈・𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪・┈

13.06.23
Word count - 1152
Random update bcuz idt I'll survive to see the sun 2mrw T_T