Chapter 1

I was sitting in front of my computer screens, working on a project software that my brother, Levi, asked me to help with. I had a frown on my face as I stared at the screens in thought while trying to figure out which part of the coding went wrong.

My frown turned to a small smile while widening my eyes slightly, my fingers started gliding over the keyboard as letters and numbers appeared on the screen. I'm Nova Sinclair and turning 18 for the second time in a couple more hours, I have medium-length black hair and green eyes.

I have lived a life before as a normal programmer with nothing special before waking up in this world at the age of 4. I don't remember what happened, but where floating hologram screens are considered uncommon was definitely a hard transitional phase.

I'm also part of a wealthy family with a high reputation in high society, I gave that up almost immediately to my older brothers. I knew I will not like living a life in the spotlight where every action has consequences whether it has been seen or not.

I decided to live a normal life, away from the spotlight but won't mind helping my brothers when they needed my help like right now with the project software. I probably considered working under my brother than me helping him out when he needed it considering how often he asks me about coding problems.

Sighing in defeat, I quickly finished the line of codes before I forget about it again. I ran a quick test which showed that it is working before sending it to the group chat for the project, indicating that I'm done with my part several days before the deadline.

I pushed away from the table and my chair rolled away, I stretched out my limbs and back with satisfying cracks. I got up from my seat and head over to my wardrobe before disappearing into my bathroom to freshen up for the night.

I live in a studio apartment that is not considered small or big. The living room is by the front door and has an L-shaped couch, a rectangular coffee table and a television on the wall along with 2 bookshelves behind one side of the couch.

On the left side of the room and immediately spotted a fully furnished kitchen with a microwave, oven, stove and more with a kitchen island with 6 seats and a pantry next to the fridge and the laundry room next to the pantry which was separated by a wall in the middle of the closet.

On the opposite side of the closet is my workstation which was behind the bookshelves, it consisted of an L-shaped table with a computer setup with 2 monitors.

There was also a wardrobe against one side of the L-shaped table to form a wall between the study area and the bedroom. The bedroom merely consists of a large platform bed against the wardrobe with several drawers below the bed for more storage space.

Directly opposite the bedroom was several more drawers against the wall next to the door. The door led to the bathroom which was quite big, it had a sink with counter space with several overhead shelves, a toilet and a private shower.

I yawned as I walked out of the bathroom with a loose shirt and long, pyjama pants and put my dirty clothes into the basket before walking over to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I grabbed some leftover spaghetti from lunch before throwing it into the microwave.

As I waited, my watch started to vibrate which made me look down and tapped at it. A floating hologram appeared and it displayed that the group call with my brother has started.

I snorted lightly and smiled softly before answering the call, two young males that looked almost alike besides their hairstyles and demeanour appeared. Ethan, the older twin, has brown, wavy hair that is styled in a trendy and stylish cut that complements his angular features and bright blue eyes.