Chapter 2

A week flew by quickly and I was staring at my two suitcases and a backpack as I paced around my apartment, wondering did I leave anything else behind that I should be taking.

Over the week, I got ready to leave this place and sole my computer setup, donate my old stuff and clothes with far too much hesitation and more. I have already informed the apartment management that I'm leaving today thus they will cut off my access to this apartment by evening.

I also started playing around with my ability, opening the windows slightly and focusing on either thoughts or pictures while blocking the rest out. It was incredibly difficult since there are so many people in this apartment building that are constantly thinking about something but I was getting the hang of it after spending more time on it than me packing and getting rid of stuff.

The sound of knocking to a specific rhythm snapped my thoughts back to reality, I jogged over to the door with her smile before opening the door to see two people in dark outfits with blackout sunglasses and masks. I threw myself and hug them tightly as I could feel their arms wrap around me.

I didn't hug them for too long before I broke the hug and brought them into my apartment, I closed the door once there are inside before facing them with a grin. "You guys didn't tell me that you were coming," I said with my hands on my hips.

The two people took off their masks and glasses. "We want to give you a surprise," Ethan said with a big grin while Levi smiled at me. "Besides, knowing you, you are probably panicking over did you pack everything you need that will turn to I don't want to go soon."

I walked up to him and hit him. "You don't have to state the obvious, I know that I have that problem and is not a habit or mentality that I can fix," I said with a smile as Ethan pouted and rubbed where I hit him. "I didn't even hit you that hard, are you skimming on working out?" I asked excitedly as I fidgeted.

"No," he shook his head hard. "There is no way I'm stopping my practices again, both of you are evil being that don't even allow me to rest."

Levi smirked with his arms crossed as I tilted my head. "What are you talking about? We all agreed to not slack in our training, didn't we?" I asked innocently with a smile.

Ethan glared at me which made me grin. "Evil beings," he hissed playfully with a smile.

"Alright, you need to leave soon, have you done packing?" Levi asked.

I nodded. "Yep, I think anyway, I ran around the house for 30 minutes already and didn't see anything," I looked at my luggage. "I have my clothes, toiletries, towel, a lot of hard disks and other random stuff."

Ethan nodded before walking over to my luggage and grabbing both suitcases. "Great, now, let's go because the longer we stay here, the longer you are going to think that we are missing something," he said before walking over to the door.

"Wear your masks and glasses before leaving," Levi reminded him as I chuckled while walking to the coffee table to grab my own black mask and blackout sunglasses.

Ethan paused out of the corner of my eye. "Right, I forgot," he said sheepishly as we all wore our masks and sunglasses.

There is nothing too special about the masks but blackout sunglasses are a fairly new invention from a partnership project between our company, ChromaTech, and another technology company for daily necessities that I don't remember since I'm bad with names for everything.

ChromaTech is a family company that ran by our parents before they disappeared. It was mostly focused on biotechnology but recently has been expanding rapidly into many industries mostly due to my brother's hard work.