Chapter 5

15 minutes later since I started learning how to meditate, I had finished a short 10 minutes meditation and was currently grinning in excitement at Adam who had a helpless smile. "So, I get to learn now, right?" I asked, unable to hide the excitement in my voice.

Adam chuckled and nodded. "I didn't think you would be able to sit for 10 minutes on your first try," he grumbled softly before looking at me. "My teaching methods are slightly different than most people since I will be projecting the knowledge into your mind, the rest will be for you to understand and feel it out," he explained.

I nodded in understanding before reaching out and touching my forehead. "Close your eyes and relax, allow the information to enter your mind and understand from them, don't force anything or resist anything," he said calmly before I followed his instructions.

Suddenly, I felt that my mind became very full and cluttered all of the sudden. I calmed my mind and imagined I was just watching a show which helped a lot as I watched and felt how basic empathy, mind reading and telepathic communication work.

I opened my eyes and blinked several times after I finished absorbing the information. "Looks like I need to practice to get mental strength strong enough to do telepathic communication," I mumbled softly in resolution.

"Well, that's enough for today," Adam said which broke my train of thought and made me look over. "Remember the rules and your promise."

I smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Trainer Adam," I said before getting up and leaving the room. I ordered some dinner and ate it before sitting on the bed crossed-legged with my eyes closed.

I wanted to see what is my limit and understand it before I do anything dangerous without my knowledge. I was back behind my new mental walls, I imagined there are windows again and slowly opened them.

This time, I didn't bother controlling the flow of information and emotions towards me. I merely stood there and took it face first, it was a bit disorienting since the emotions are messing with my own emotions and I'm not someone that liked that feeling.

After a while, I decided to end it since I was getting exhausted from all the foreign emotions messing with mine. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I took a warm shower before heading straight to bed.

The next morning, I was heading towards the weapon training room since I have that in the morning. I walked into the training room and scanned the room before my eyes landed on Jake talking to Adam and 2 other people.

I was slightly stunned but made my way over to them, I noticed that the rest of the people was looking at them with excitement, anxiety, curiosity or more. "Good morning, Nova," Jake said which made me look over to see the group that he was talking to looking at me. "Come on to the sparing ring, the faster we get this over with the better."

I merely nodded along while the group with him continued to look at me with curiosity as I quickly followed Jake to the racks. "Um, what weapon do I use?" I asked quietly as he picked up a polearm.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Use your best weapon," he said with a hint of exasperation in his voice.

I nodded before looking between the duel daggers and the sword, as much as I would like to use a sword against a polearm, I decided to use duel daggers and take this sparing match as training. I walked towards the sparing platform and I could see Jake staring at my daggers.

He looked at me. "Are you ready?" he asked, subtitling asking if that is my weapon of choice.

I smiled and nodded as I prepared myself to spar. "Yes, I'm ready," I said as Jake ready his polearm.