Chapter 20

A month has passed since that fine day and 2 months left for the party of the talented. After that day, we did end up moving to another bigger containment chamber.

This containment chamber is at the bottom of the entire facility and has both cells and pods. With the access being from the same elevator from the surface down, the only reason we didn't realise that was an option was that there was a hidden button to get down here.

The room was similar in which we stepped in and to the right in the entire laboratory with the window. The difference is that there is only one door by the window which leads to our even bigger bedroom that resembled an ensuite.

The other side of the window has also changed a lot since it became more like the normal containment cells with 4 layers and who knows how many cells down. There was another door right by the window which lead to the bigger experiment room which had 5 tracks, an experimental table and the familiar wall of weapons.

There is also a door connecting the experimental table to the bedroom, probably assuming that it will be bloody work and we can clean up easier as the bathroom was also next to that door. The security was even less down here besides the one lone camera at the elevator but the computer was still connected to the main system much to my relief.

I did wonder if anyone had ever used this containment room and I later learned that no one even knew there was a room there. It was pretty dusty when we came down here with a group of people to clean everything while another group move the people over.

The control collars are nearly done too, we did make some changes after I went through Norix's mate memories and skills. She is apparently one of those that work with the runes directly thus I didn't have any problem with knowing what to change and what to leave.

We also did receive unpleasing news a few days ago, that we will continue to be undercover to finish this collar. Apparently, a good portion of people from Agent rank to Captains rank has been disappearing for the last week which we are assuming will be here soon.

Neither of us is happy about it but there was nothing we could do about it besides continue what we can do. I was still occasionally having nightmares about me killing the Xenophian but it wasn't that bad now as they didn't resemble a human much to my relief thus I didn't see it as killing my own.

Now, we are finishing up the first control collars and I was not excited about it but I'm not deathly afraid of it due to the runes we changed. "Ready?" I asked Caleb while looking at the finished control collar. The control collar doesn't look special at all besides the wavy ascent on it and it's more similar to a choker than a collar.

"Nope, but we still have to do it," he said before grabbing the collar and walking toward our bedroom to reach the experiment room with me trailing behind.

I walked towards the control screen and input some stuff before the engine started humming again as I leaned against the wall with Caleb standing in the centre of the room. Jake appeared as his eyes landed on the collar and I could see the immediate resentment on the thing.

A smile did appear on my face because of it though before I pushed myself off the wall as Caleb started removing the bounds. "I don't even feel that it's been that long," Jake growled as the mask was removed.

"Truth be told, we could have finished it in one month when we did the power disabler collar," Caleb said lowly while I nodded as Jake stepped out with Caleb's help. "The past month have been just fine-tuning and changes for security reasons."

Jake took the collar and looked between us. "I really hoped that your security reasons will actually work, I don't feel like being under someone else's control permanently, " he said as Caleb unlocked the collar.