Chapter 17

Once we moved to the side. "Before I start the conversation, I want my reward, first," Blackwood said with a polite smile.

The leader held up a small box. "That's the reward, it was created months ago by our talented couples," the big guy glanced at us before focusing back. "Now, tell us this plan."

Mr Blackwood checked the box before closing it and looking at him. "Similar to the spaceship Aurora plan, this time I plan to host a party instead since spaceships are not the easiest things to hide and transport," he grumbled before grinning. "This time instead of the renown, I'm targeting the talented and some of the powerful."

"Hmm, what do you want this time in exchange?" the leader crossed his arms as I sensed a familiar mind that I actually cared about.

"I want a collar that can control their action down to their powers," Mr Blackwood said lowly as I widen my eyes in surprise.

The leader looked at us. "You think you can do it?"

I tilted my head and rest my hand on my chin. "I don't know, we never did anything like that before," I said before looking at Caleb, "Can we give it a try? It sounds interesting and fun," I looked back at the bounded people. "We have plenty of test subjects so getting results shouldn't be a problem."

Caleb kissed my temple. "Anything for you," he said lowly.

The leader nodded before looking back at Mr Blackwood. "When will this be held and roughly how many would there be? Clearly, the thing you requested is not easy to make and thus I expected something just as difficult."

"100 talented people should be enough, anyone that is a part of the collateral is yours as well, the event will take place in 3 months," he said with his arms crossed.

The leader nodded in agreement. "Very well, we will discuss more after you deliver unless you want to change your deal," he said before we walked back to the ship. "All the prisoners are yours and will be in containment chamber 7, get this done."

We both nodded. "We won't fail," Caleb said.

The leader nodded. "I hope you don't, I don't like losing such talented members," he said before we split ways after we got into the spaceship.

"I hate this..." I muttered lowly.

Caleb sighed. "It's not like we can decline such things when asked by someone higher, I didn't realise the rankings with the Xenophian is more serious than I thought," he said before we made our way to the corner again.

I leaned against him after we sat down. "Jake and Madison are both in the group, I really didn't think they would throw their daughter into the fire," I said bitterly.

"Well, we have more than enough information about this now and I think we are a bit too deep into this already," he said as I felt the ship start to take off.

"A bit is such an understatement," I looked at my reddish hand, "We need to get rid of those two in the toilet and actually learn as much as we could," I sighed in defeat and grumbled bitterly, ", I think I prefer to be working with a lot of projects than with my life,"

He nodded in agreement. "Let's get back first then discuss it with the team," he said.

Once we reached the base, the leader told us that they will move the prisoner down to the containment chamber and that whether we want to sleep there is up to us. "Owen, bad news," I said to them since I could still sense them while we walked towards our room.

"What happened? What did you guys talk about?" he asked before we entered our room and filled them in on our conversation. "Will you both be fine staying?"

Psychic adventureOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara