Chapter 7

I was currently making my towards the testing area at the border of the city. Caleb finished making the new gun after two weeks and wanted me to be there to see the trial shots which I gladly accepted.

During these two weeks, I finally mastered my telepathic communication and held multiple of them at once despite the distance being quite short. Adam said that it will eventually get further the more I practice before warning me again not to overtrain myself.

Adam also transferred me the rest of the skills which was a lot and it will likely take a long while to get even half of it done. Some require voluntary people to practice on and others are straight-up dangerous.

I arrived at the top of a rocky crater and looked down to see Caleb setting up the target. I slowly made my way down the slope as Caleb turned towards me and waved his hand.

I waved my hand and walked over to him. "Hey Caleb, thanks for inviting me to this," I said with a hint of excitement in my voice.

He laughed. "This gun is only possible because of your outstanding ability to code, of course, you get to see it in action," he said with a grin. "Do you want to fire the first shot or should I?"

I gesture at him. "You do it, I'm still a new member, remember? I don't know how to use an energy gun," I said.

Realization dawned on his face as he nodded. "You really need to find a team and take a few missions," he said as he picked up a suitcase.

I chuckled. "Trust me, I know, I have learned nothing from my training session besides learning how to teach my trainer," I grumbled.

Caleb looked at me with wide eyes for a moment. "So, you are the reason that Jake has been proving so much," he said in disbelief as he put the suitcase on the table.

I tilted my head. "Is he improving so much that he is becoming famous for it?" I asked in disbelief.

Caleb snorted. "That is an understatement, most of the people in Agent rank are asking what he is doing to improve so much over the months," he explained before pausing. "Wait, didn't you come recently? If you are teaching him, he can't be training for months, don't tell me you are only teaching him for the past month or two."

I grinned sheepishly as I played with my fingers while looking around. "It's only been a month..." I mumbled quietly while glancing at him.

When Caleb stared at me dazed, I was internally cursing at Jake but thankful that he didn't say anything about me. I also just remembered him saying that a lot of people want me to teach them which declined and would still decline if I knew the full story.

Caleb chuckled while shaking his head. "To think the person helping me is the same person that is teaching Jake," he said in disbelief before looking at me. "Do you want me to tell people about you when this gun is finished?"

I shook my head. "Nope, it will just bring unnecessary people to my door asking for the simplest things." That is happening at my brother's company whenever there is a project I'm a part of, I think my brother is getting sick of dealing with this but needed me since I'm one of the few competent people.

"I'm not surprised, looks like I have things to talk to Jake about now," Caleb said as he took out the energy gun which looked much more like a handgun now. It had the shape of a grey, handgun but it had rounded edges.

He turned the thing on and the outline started glowing a light grey colour, I looked at it with raised eyebrows in surprise. He aimed the gun at the target before firing at it, it hit through the target and hit the crater wall behind it with a loud bang and dust was sent flying.