Chapter 6

I'm currently sitting on a bench with my eyes closed in a park that is close to the border of the Sentinels City that I have come to learn over the past 2 weeks. Nothing exciting happened but a lot of small progress was made which made me quite satisfied.

My telepathy ability has been improving steadily, I'm able to sense most people's thoughts and occasionally see images without it messing with my own thoughts. Adam also showed me how to see full images and memories which requires the person to show that part of the memories or pictures to me.

I could also interpret emotions and not have them influence my own emotions, much to my relief since I'm not in the slightest an emotionally driven person. The telepathic connection is easier said than done as it doesn't come too naturally and I have to make an effort in holding the connection while having a conversation.

I'm putting a lot of effort into it though with the help of Echo and Adam and sometimes Jake since it will make conversation a lot easier while strengthening my mind. Of course, I still remembered the rules but I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of what my limit is thus I just need to rest my mind when needed.

Madison has also been putting a lot of work into spreading rumours about me, most of them sounded ridiculous as they went as far as I'm not human but another species with a cloaking device. I don't know about most people but I thought that was ridiculous if that is the case when I'm in one of the bases for Sentinels.

Still, many people bought it and I have been hearing nothing but whispers whenever I passed. I'm getting slightly annoyed at the constant whispers since it is extremely uncomfortable along with the stares, I started having sympathetic feelings for those people that are constantly being bullied with rumours.

I smiled in anticipation of when I get to reveal a small portion of the information on the web. I wondered if she will still go after people, especially when she won't know who send it.

I opened my eyes as I stared lazily at the shimmering lake in front of me while being surrounded by mostly trees and distant animals with their calls echoing in the distance. I have come to this park a handful of times already since it is the most peaceful and quiet park there is with minimal people since it was so far away from the main areas.

Suddenly, I heard a scream in frustration in the distance that sounded like a male. I looked over with a raised eyebrow before getting up and walking over to the sound, I eventually arrived at a pavilion with several tables and benches underneath it.

There was a tall, lean guy with an athletic build, short, dark hair with a subtle blue tint, styled in a messy, textured cut and piercing, electric blue eyes with several scars on his lightly tanned skin. He was leaning over the table as he glared at a 3D hologram with a visible frown and furrowed brows.

I stared at the hologram which looked like a handgun but was much bulkier than the normal handgun, It seem to be a completely new design and probably with new functions. "Hi, were you the one that yelled just now?" I asked timidly since I wasn't sure as I approached him.

He looked over with wide eyes before standing up properly. "Hi, I wasn't aware that someone else is here since this park is normally empty, sorry," he started grabbing his stuff. "I will leave so I don't disturb you."

"Wait, you are not disturbing me," I called out which made him stop. "If you are disturbing me, I wouldn't have come over or cared at all, I am curious about what is that thing," I said as I stared at the hologram.

He stared at me for a second before gently pushing the hologram toward me. "This is supposed to be a new design for an energy gun that is suitable for mid to long-range while being small enough to be a handgun," he explained as I took a seat and started spinning the hologram around to look in detail. "I have been working on it for a while but something is not quite right."