Chapter 10

I blinked several times as I walked into his room in awe. The Starlight Palace definitely deserved to be called the galaxy's best hotel for the rich.

I was greeted with a spacious living space with several sofas and armchairs with a coffee table In the centre in front of a large screen. There were also large windows across the entire wall that probably gave an amazing view of the city along with 2 closed doors.

"So, you like my room?" Levi asked which snapped me out of my thought.

I snorted as I went towards the couches. "Like is an understatement, I'm more afraid of breaking something in here," I said as I looked around.

I put down my backpack and remembered why I wanted to be there before I ran and tackled him to the ground as I hugged him tightly. He immediately wrapped his arms around me and hugged me just as tightly as we fell to the floor.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" he asked worriedly since I seldom do this.

I just hugged him tighter in reply as I felt safe ever since the incident at the base, I could feel tears building in my eyes but I didn't care as I just want to feel safe again. "Come on, let's move to the couch," he said gently which I nodded before breaking the hug and standing up.

The moment he sat down, I hugged him again and he warps his arms around me tightly. I closed my eyes and silently cried for a while as he patted my head.

The bell rang again which made me want to get up so that he could open the door. "That's just Ethan with our dinner," Levi said as he held me down before I sag back into his embrace and close my eyes again.

I heard bags shuffling before the couch sunk behind me and another pair of arms wrapped around both of us. I smiled as it has been a while since we have a group family hug like this since both Levi and I are not active huggers.

"Something happened at the base that's why I'm here," I spoke softly in their mind after a while.

Ethan snorted. "That much is obvious, or else how are you even here," he said from behind me which made me smile.

I broke the hug and sat properly while I grabbed a pillow to hug. "Xenophian invaded the base," I said softly as I heard them both suck in a breath. "They paralyzed everyone with some sort of gas, I didn't get it since I had set up an alarm beforehand and I brought the mask with me," I explained softly as I clutched the pillow tighter.

Ethan pulled me into a hug. "Thank goodness you are alright and alive then," he said in relief which made me smile both from happiness and sadness.

"Yeah, I was the one to contact the high rankers here for help since I was in a secret room that is connected to the central system," I leaned into Ethan. "But after a while, they started messing with the central system and set off the permanent self-destruct function."

"What?!" They both exclaimed in shock and horror that I basically almost died.

I pursed my lips. "I didn't know what do to when about 3 to 4 dozen Xenophians are walking around casually, I managed to find a route that leaves through the northern exits." I gave a helpless smile. "The timer was 30 minutes and I made it out with 10 minutes and bolted for the next 10 minutes to find a place far enough that I won't die from the impact."

Ethan's hug got tighter before I felt Levi also hugging me. "After that, I saw the Xenophian ships leave above my head before I was found and brought into a spaceship and woke up here," I finished my explanation. "I didn't feel safe anywhere after the whole thing since I'm in a completely new environment again."