Chapter 16

We woke early the next day and got ourselves ready for the day. "Ready?" I asked both anxiously and excitedly.

Caleb shook his head. "Nope but we are already here so might as well," he said before we both stepped out of the room and I pulled back a lot of my normal behaviour and put on Zethra's behaviour.

I was about to walk away when Caleb grabbed me by the waist and pulled me closer to him. "What did you forget to say?" He growled lowly I could feel shocked.

I giggled and looked into his eyes. "See you later at lunch," I grinned happily before running away. "This is going to take some time getting used to..." I told as I started walking away while my mind and heart are racing.

"No kidding, I'm sorry in advance," Celeb said apologetically.

"Don't worry, we both are going to say a lot of sorries to each other by the end of this," I said in defeat as he sent down his agreement.

I kept my ability up to make both of us less inconspicuous and allow us to talk and rant to each other. I walked into the command area and walked towards my seat and sat down before doing my work.

I dropped a small bug at the top of the computer and gently tapped the top of it while I turned on the computer. It started to move to the back of the computer while I got ready to start my work.

I entered my password and username and entered the system, I started working on the program that Zethra was working on. It was much different from the normal and it was difficult since it was completely new despite understanding it completely.

After several hours, I managed to finish the part I wanted to finish which made me learn a significant amount of their coding. I wondered if I can put this into my current gear, I rested my hand on my arm and I could see a green light before smiling at that it was completed.

Suddenly, someone tapped on my shoulder and I looked up to see a guy. "Zathra, what are you smiling about?" he asked with his arms crossed and a smile.

I smiled back. "It's nearly lunch, why else would I be smiling?" I asked and giggled again like a love-sick puppy.

He rolled his eyes. "You are always like this when it comes to lunch," he shook his head. "When are you ever coming to hang out with your friends?"

I rolled my eyes. "I hung out with you guys yesterday, you just want to steal me away from Vaxir, Norix," I said with a small, gentle smile.

Norix grinned and picked up my hand. "And what if I want to, hmm?" he said lowly with a mischievous glint.

I removed my hand and sighed dramatically. "Too bad that I already love Vaxir with all my heart, I won't be changing for a long while," I said sadly with a smile.

He shook his head and grinned. "After lunch, we are going to meet someone, apparently they have the next batch of experiments to send to the main lab."

I raised my eyebrow as this was not in Zethra's memories and tilted my head. "What are you talking about? Did I miss another meeting?" I asked in confusion.

Norix blinked in realization and laughed. "Sorry, I forgot that you were busy with that code," he looked at me with a grin. "We are meeting someone from the high society of the Aurues galaxy, they are bringing us a batch of subjects in exchange for more tech."

Norix looked in thought. "From what I heard, it might be a batch of talented and will be sent to the main lab outside to be used," he shrugged. "I doubt that it would be comparable to the spaceship Aurora incident, that batch was the biggest in history."

I manipulate my own emotion to feel wonder. "Wow, that sounds cool, can I bring Vaxir along? I'm sure he would what to know some of the talents and how they came to be useful when they arrived here temporarily," I asked sweetly in wonder.