love from valerie <3

⚠️(IMPORTANT PLEASE READ)⚠️

hello beautiful people!

i really hope you're loving the book so far. i started hoax with the intention of making a quick read and fast burn book for those looking for some sappy and happy kaz moments. i mean, come on he deserves some happiness.

i just wanted to address something that has been brought to my attention and i feel as though it is extremely important to bring up here. someone has contacted a fellow Kaz Brekker author saying that i may have copied their work. though i can see some similarities between our stories, this is not the case. me and itsmebitchboi have had a great chat about it and want to address this before it could be blown out of proportion.

where the main similarity lies is in the fact that their character, Daemon, and my character, Malakai, are both non verbal. i have seen this concept in quite a few Kaz books now. the book that inspired me to go through with the concept was @abluejayyyy 's book Echo which is a Six of Crows-Crooked Kingdom book and i would highly recommend it.

but what inspired me the most is the fact that i am also partially non-verbal as a person with autism and i use sign language as my main form of communication. i just wanted to have more representation of this, especially in such a quickly growing fandom and community. i would hate to see a fellow author or myself receive hateful messages or false accusations.

please please go read my friend itsmebitchboi 's book, it's called The Crow and The Fox. it's such an amazing book, their writing is beautiful and Daemon is such a cool character. i know for a fact Daemon and Malakai would get along if they ever met.

crows look out for each other. and always remember a kind face. peace and love!

love from valerie <3