9. nine

☆---•°○°•---☆

Happy Reading ♡

40+ votes and 20+ comments to unlock the next chapter.

The next morning when she woke up, found the bed empty. It was the weekend afterall. The events of the last night was still fresh in her mind. Him getting angry, crashing his phone, everything. He was snappy as well after that but she had no courage to ask him what was wrong.

Shrugging off the thoughts, she freshened up and climbed down the stairs. It was privilege of having the room on first floor itself that she didn't have to take lift.

As she walked, the strong smell of spices reached her nostrils and by living in this house for six months now, she knew it was Aayansh who was cooking.

He used to cook for the family, every weekend, if he did not got some urgent work. Cooking for someone was his love language, thats what she assumed.

Stepping into the kitchen -where he was the only one working because he doesn't allow any cook beside him- she saw him too focused on cooking.

He was a chef afterall and among everything In this world, he loved cooking more than anything. She have seen him a few realities shows as well whenever her mother used to play It on the screen and his love for cooking wasn't hidden from her or anyone.

He was wearing one of those half sleeved, black tee-shirts he have. His veins popping out as he grabbed the mortar from his left hand and was most probably beating some spice with pestle in his right hand.

Were veiny hands always a hot sight to see or it was just different today?

She shook her head, shrugging off her thoughts. One thing she noticed, he wasn't wearing any ring in his hands.

Wedding ring? Something like that never happened between them!

Clearing her throat, she put the full stop to all the random thoughts, which surely caught the attention of the male in the kitchen.

He pointed his finger in a certain direction and as she followed its direction, it was towards the water cane.

The time she looked back at him, he resumed his work.

"Umm..do you need any help?" She asked.

Well, do you even know how to cook? Was her inner voice.

I know the basic at least. Now shut up!

"No, I'm almost done." She nodded. It was almost around 11 in the morning, time for brunch and everyone would be coming In a few minutes.

"You can set the plates if you want." She heard him, adding further. It was a good idea rather than getting bored while waiting for everyone.

After setting the plates, she came back into the kitchen. Aayansh turned off the stove and went to wash his hands to the sink.

I can take the containers outside. She thought and attempted to pick the bowl with her bare hand, forgetting that it might be hot, but hissed sensing the buring sensation On her fingers as well as some areas of her Palm.

"Fucking hell!" Aayansh cursed under his breath and immediately walked to her. Holding her wrist, he dragged her to the sink and kept her hands under the water.

"who on the earth even told you to do that." He scolded while pressing her lips together, she stared at him.

He was gritting his teeth and she could feel that.

"I was just trying to help." She reasoned out, slowly.

"No one asked for your help."

Why does he always have to shout!