6. six

☆---•°○°•---☆

Happy reading ♡

Don't forget to vote and comment.

"Fuck, it." Aadhya punched the steering wheel when her car broke. She tried starting it a few times but it all went in vain. She looked out of the car window and fear crept her heart when she saw herself in the middle of the empty road. It wouldn't have been this dangerous If it wasn't 11 in the night.

Being engrossed in the work, she lost the track of the time and when her mother-in-law, Avantika called her around 10, she told her that she'd be home soon and not to worry about it.

"Should I call Shivam?" That was her second thought because the first one was, dialing Aayansh but realising about their little argument in the morning, she thought of not calling him.

He might be sleeping and would be pissed off if she disturbed his sleep, so she dialled Shivam's number.

To her bad luck, his phone was switched off and now, feeling all alone in the dark night, she was growing anxious each passing second.

Since the car was broke, the AC wasn't working as well, rising the temperature of the car. Aadhya thought of opening the car windows but pulling this stunt might be dangerous.

"Whom should I call now?" She mumbled, frustrated.

I shouldn't call Reyaan bhai, it would take him more than half an hour and I can't afford to be here for another half an hour.

Aadhya, either you call Aayansh or be stuck in this situation!!

But he didn't care to check upon me when it's 11 in the night.

Stop arguing, just call him if you want to reach home safe.

Sighing in defeat, she dialled Aayansh's number and waited for him to pick the call, biting her nails. He picked the call after 4 rings.

"Hello." His voice didn't sound sleepy at all.

"Aren't you asleep?" Was the first question she asked. She heard him Sighing from the other side.

"Do you think, I'll sleep in my office?" She heard his annoyed voice.

"Anyways, my car broke and I tried calling Shivam but his phone-

"What the hell you're doing in your car at 11 in the night?" She heard his raised voice and for a moment, she had to remove the phone from her ears.

"I'm on my way back to home. I was working and lost the track of the time. Now can you please pick me up, the road is really empty and I'm.....scared."

She gulped down before accepting that she was really scared.

"On which road you're?" He asked and she heard the sound of door closing from the other side. She told him the address and was about to hang up, when he spoke again.

"Don't hang up, be on the line. I'll be there in a few minutes." She heard him.

"Okay." She responded and her eyes and couldn't help but to look outside. The silence was creeping her out.

"Are you there? Aadhya?" She flinched a little hearing his voice.

"Yeah, I'm on the line." She mumbled, hesitantly.

"Is the car locked?" He questioned.

"Yeah. I didn't open the door at all."

"Good. Please don't come out no matter what happens. I'll be there in a few minutes." He assured her but the rising temperature of the car wasn't helping much as she started to feel sweaty.