42. forty-two

☆---•°○°•---☆

It isn't the best chapter I have written. I had to consider a few things and this is a filler chapter.

And I apologise beforehand if this doesn't reach your expectations.

Happy reading ♡

Don't forget to vote and comment because my motivation is running down the hill.

Ayansh blinked his eyes open feeling the rays of sunlight hitting his face and instantly a smile appeared on his face when the first view that came in front of him was Aadhya's face.

She was tangled up in white sheets of the bed along with him with her face squeezed against the bed and a few hair strands falling on her face. Her naked body was exposed a little while the comforter covered most of it.

He saw her scrunching her nose a little since the sunlight was interrupting her sleep and got up to pull the curtains.

Coming back to the bed, he laid beside her and gently ran his hands on her skin of her face as a smile formed on her lips.

Never in his life he thought she'd be loving him back. The little hope he had when he first started liking her died the moment he saw her with his brother but then, destiny has other plans.

Even when they were married, he had no hopes thinking he was nothing but a replacement of his brother but then, the woman lying beside him proved that he was worth everything he was getting from her.

From love to care to trust and admiration. He thought she'd hate the day they got married but here she was, celebrating it just because it was the day he walked into his life.

His fingers slowly and softly moved to her exposed arm, caressing her pale brown skin as if trying to memorize every part of her body as if it was his favorite poem.

He scooted closer to her slowly and kissed her forehead.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, Tulip." He murmured under his breath.

"And I don't wish to live without you anymore, Ansh." He heard her saying when she slowly opened her eyes and smiled at him.

"When did you wake up?" He asked, caressing her cheeks.

She smiled a little before she scooted closer to him and buried her face in his chest naked chest.

"When you went to pull off the curtains." She mumbled against his skin, as his fingers ran through her hair, massaging her scalp.

"What you want to do today?" He asked after a long silence followed by when they both stayed in the same position, too lazy to move out of the comfort.

"Huh?" She lifted her head up and looked at him after keeping her chin on his chest.

He lowered his eyes to look at her after his hands moved to her beck, drawing random patterns on her skin.

"It's our anniversary. Since I'm too bad at surprises, how about you tell me what you want to do today?" He told her to which she nodded her head.

"Like you'll do anything I'd say?" He heard her asking before he gently pulled her body on the top of him. Her naked chest brushed against his and she pressed her lips together to control herself from making a sound when her nipples tingled against his skin.