20. twenty

☆---•°○°•---☆

Happy reading ♡

So as I said, this chapter is 3k words long since I divided into two. I hope you'll like this chapter.

And if you want next chapter by tonight then don't forget to vote and comment.

"Dad, I want to talk to you." Aayansh said when Naveen was about to walk into his room after everyone was done with the dinner.

"Right now?" Naveen asked, sensing the seriousness in his tone.

"Yeah." Hearing him, Naveen nodded his head and the father-son duo walked into his study room.

"What is it?" Naveen asked, once they were in the study room and Aayansh closed the gate behind him, facing his father.

Aayansh looked here and there, not knowing how to initiate the conversation. It felt like scratching some old wounds or digging up a buried grave.

Sensing the hesitancy, Naveen stood in front of him and kept his hand over his shoulder.

"Kya baat hai?"

(What happened?)

He looked up into his eyes and rubbed his palms over his face before inhaling a deep breath.

"You...you have a daughter." He let out and Naveen looked at him, amused

"Aayansh, muje pta hai." Aayansh shook his head, knowing well that his father wasn't getting what he was trying to say.

(Aayansh, I Know.)

"I'm not talking about Riya." He explained and Naveen withdrew his hand from Aayansh's shoulder.

"Riya is your daughter but Aapki ek aur beti hai-

(But you have another daughter-)

"Ruhika." Naveen cut him off. Aayansh was shocked that his father already knew about it but how? And if he knew that why he never told him about it.

"I know." Naveen further added.

"And you never told me about it?" He looked at his father in disbelief, narrowing his eyes, a little angry as well.

"For how long do you know it? Since She was born?" Naveen shook his head in denial at his question. But he was so calm, unlike his son.

"Since Ruhika was 10." His father answered, confusing him.

Sighing in frustration, Aayansh sat on the couch and stared at his father.

"Muje kuch samaj nhi Aa rha." He mumbled being frustrated.

(I can't understand anything.)

"But I want to know. Everything, every detail that I'm missing out and you're not going to hide anything from me." He demanded making his father sigh.

"Kyu janana hai tuje?"

(Why do you want to know?)

"Dad," He looked at his father, too tired to explain anything.

"Alright." Naveen agreed and sat beside him.

"Your mother-

"She isn't my mother." His tone was harsh as he clenched his jaw.

"She was pregnant with ruhika when she left us. Trust me, I had no idea about her being pregnant." Naveen started.