31 thirty-one

☆---•°○°•---☆

Early update. From this chapter, the book is gonna take a turn so let's see how it turns out.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Happy reading ♡

Preparing the breakfast for everyone like he does on every Sunday, Ayansh walked into the dining and saw his parents, uncle and aunt settling on the chairs.

"Good morning." He wished all of them and they all returned back with a smile.

His gaze went towards the stairs when he heard heels clicking on the floor and saw Aadhya climbing down the stairs.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion looking at the formals she had put on along with her office bag, even on Sunday.

She walked into the dining and touched the feet of elders' after keeping her bag on one of the chair and settled on another one.

"Beta, it's Sunday. You're going to office?" Naveen couldn't help but to ask his daughter-in-law.

Aadhya, feeling the stares on her looked up and guessed that the question was thrown on her. She looked at Ayansh from the corner of her eyes and found him staring at her. He wasn't even trying to not make it obvious.

"Actually Papa, I had taken 4 days off due to Mahi's wedding so there are things I have to take care of since bhai is with Bhabhi." She explained while outstretching her hand to serve herself the breakfast but Ayansh beat her to it and served her the Khaman.

"That's okay but don't overwork yourself beta." Manish earned a slight nod from Aadhya for his statement.

"Yeah, your chachu is right. You went to office the day you came back from the wedding aur aaj to Sunday Hai but you're still going to office." Divya shook her head.

"It's fine. I'm taking proper rest." She forced a smile which didn't reach her eyes.

Only the man sitting beside her knew she was doing anything but having few hours of rest. And on the top of that, anyone in the house barely saw her last week, since they came back from Jaipur.

She was in her office most of the time and when she wasn't, she was at Malhotra House because Aditi and The baby returned back.

It was because of Sunday that was having breakfast with them.

And on the top of that, she have shut everyone off, even him. Whoever talked her to her only received dry replies or a forced smile and the answer to her every question would be that she's busy with office work.

Not like he wasn't trying to talk, he was but every night when he went into his room he saw her working on her laptop or some files.

This Aadhya he was seeing from last one week was Exactly how she was during the initial months of their wedding. Closed off, draining herself in her work.

It was frustrating but he understood that she might need some space or her own ways to tackle with whatever happened in the wedding.

He haven't received a hug from her for a week now. No doubt he cuddled her in sleep but than too, he could feel the emotional distance between them.

The only time he have seen her smiling genuinely in last week is when she was with Reyaan's baby.

But now his patience was running out. He needed to talk to her or maybe do something to cheer her up.