26. twenty-six

☆---•°○°•---☆

☆---•°○°•---☆

Sorry for taking it so long for updating but I wasn't really feeling well for past few days.

But now I'm completely alright. Thank you for being patient.

Happy reading ❤️

Don't forget to vote and comment.

"Can you not ask me anything." He heard her mumbling against his chest when He had his arms wrapped around her after she walked out of the bathroom.

He didn't know what to say, for a few seconds. It felt like he was a stranger to her with whom, she wasn't able to share her pain but at the same time he was able to understand her situation.

He have been at this place where he tried to shut her off and couldn't gather up the courage to speak out what was hurting him.

"I won't, just like you told me that you'll wait, I'm going to wait for you as well, until you're comfortable enough to share it with me." He assured, running his fingers through her hair and pulling her closer.

Her vulnerable state was what he hated the most. To see her crying over something he had no idea about. He'd have able to comfort her if he knew but right now, he felt the wall they had between them.

The wall through which they couldn't see each other's pain. Which drew the line between them and no matter how much they try, they weren't able to cross it.

He now knew, what she felt when He tried to push her away. When she wanted to be there for him but couldn't, just because he kept it all to himself.

After a few minutes, when he felt that she was calm enough, he held her shoulders and made her look at him and cupped her cheeks and attached his forehead with her.

"That scar, it shows that you have survived your toughest battle, Tulip." He whispered against her lips meanwhile she clutched onto the fabric of his kurta.

Honestly, that wasn't the toughest battle. The toughest battle was what followed that incident. The toughest battle wasn't the time she got the wound on her back, it was when she got it on her heart, for ever.

"Whatever it was, it made you strong." He added further, trying to comfort her.

I didn't want to be strong. I wanted to be loved, I wanted to be protected.

"I'm with you now, by your side, always, so I'll make sure that you don't ever get hurt, again." She wondered, how was he able to comfort her even when He knew nothing.