I Didn't Force You To Do Anything

Don't forget to vote!

----------

The next afternoon, I met Elijah in the library to 'draw plans'. Turned out that drawing plans was just a bunch of measuring, which was not something I particularly liked.  

"Why did you need my help, anyway?" I asked while measuring and tracing a line on the paper in front of me. 

"I can't do it all, I know I may look like Superman, but I'm not," he said, connecting a few lines that I'd just drawn on a different paper. 

"I thought you didn't know any muggle sayings." 

"I thought you didn't care," he said, his Irish accent thicker than usual. 

And with that, we began working in silence again. I was intently measuring lines out when I felt a pair of eyes on me. Eyes that belonged to Elijah. I tried not to look up but it was difficult so when I finally gave into the urge, our eyes met. His green eyes held mine with intensity and I found it hard to look away until I heard, "Allie!" from somewhere near. 

I looked around to see Emmy, in the library of all places. I realized I hadn't seen her in awhile... A few days now. "Hey, Emmy! I haven't seen you in forever," I said while she came and took a seat at our table.  

"Who's your friend?" Emmy said, eyeing Elijah like a piece of meat. I began to feel uncomfortable. 

"This is Elijah. How's Fred?" I asked, reminding her that she had a boyfriend. 

"I wouldn't know. We broke up," she said harshly, though still managing to have eye-sex with Elijah. 

"What? You never told me!" I exclaimed, realizing now why she had been avoiding me for days.  

"Sorry, I was busy. So, Elijah, who are you and why are you measuring lines with my girl, Allie?" she asked flirtatiously, already up to her old tricks. 

"She's helping with something. Who are you?" he asked with a different kind of cockiness that he used with me. It was a less intense version of his usual self. More detached. 

"Why I'm Emmalynn Murs. What house are you?" she asked intensely.  

"Slytherin. You?" 

"Hufflepuff." 

Elijah began laughing hysterically. "Hufflepuff?" he said breathlessly inbetween bouts of laughter.  

Emmy gasped. "Douche bag!" she said with mock anger. I knew better. She was trying to get under his skin and soften him up so she could get what she wanted from him. 

I should have been grateful for the flirting Emmy was doing. I should be happy to get Elijah off my back, so why was I anything but that? I was fuming and I had no idea why. 

"I need to get more parchment," I announced before getting up. Emmy's eyes never left Elijah's though, and she continued to give him her playful smile while twirling her hair around her finger.  

I went into one of the shelves of books and let out an angry sigh. I needed to get myself together. The sad thing was, I had no idea why I was falling apart. "She's a piece of work, isn't she?" I heard someone say behind me. 

I turned to see a girl standing behind me. One I recognized but not one that I knew by name. "Who?" I asked her.  

She pushed her long night-black hair behind her ear; that, in contrast with her pale skin and blue eyes, made her look very striking. "Emmy Murs, of course. She stole my best friend's boyfriend the year before last. Bit of a slag if you ask me. Is that your boyfriend?" she asked me, gripping her short jacket with both her hands while walking over to me.