Three Sugars Is Way Too Many

Don't forget to vote (:

-------------

With two days left in our vacation after the incident, I didn't know how I'd make it through the icy treatment that Draco was giving me. I had no idea how to explain about the Elijah kiss if he wouldn't talk to me at all besides shouting it at the dinner table and I was sure my parents wouldn't take kindly to that. 

I knew that what he needed was time, and time is what I would give him. I would be a hypocrite to say he should just get over it since I had such a hard time getting over the time Pansy kissed Draco, even though he didn't initiate the kiss as I had done with Elijah. 

But knowing this didn't make things any easier. So, when we returned to Hogwarts for Spring term, I was as depressed as ever. More than the last time we broke up because I knew that this time it was my fault.  

One other thing that was annoying was the fact that literally everyone in the entire school thought I was dating Elijah. Especially when we started eating lunch together at the end of the Gryffindor table. Normally, I would have stayed as far away from him as I could, especially with Draco knowing I kissed him, but I decided from the beginning not to blame this all on him. I was one of his only friends after all. 

The stares and the gossip continued. Even today, as we sat with our tea, we received many stares, not including the harsh glare coming from the Slytherin table. I was staring off into space when I vaguely noticed that Elijah was putting sugar into my tea. "Three sugars is way too many!" I announced, slapping his hand away and stirring it by myself. 

"Just thought I'd take care of the sugar for you since you didn't seem to be present. As usual. You know, just because that prick decided to walk out of your life for saving your own ass doesn't mean you get to check out!" he said forcefully and I flinched away. He was speaking the truth and the truth wasn't something I liked to hear. 

"I'm not checking out... I'm just a little depressed... I'm allowed to be depressed for awhile! The relationship I've been in for about two years just crumbled because of my decision... I should have told him before so I could have explained at least...," I mumbled into my tea cup as I took a sip. 

"Whatever," he said, sipping on his own tea as well. 

"So...how's is he? Are you making headway on the cabinet?" I asked, trying to look like I didn't care. 

"I wouldn't know. He won't let me work on the cabinet with him anymore. I have no idea what's going on in his life." 

"He's working on it by himself? He has no idea what he's doing!" I said exasperatedly, the non-caring facade fading quickly.  

"I know that but I can't talk any sense into him... I even tried to explain about the kiss but he jinxed me..." 

"Sorry..." 

"I'm fine... His mates got a right laugh though," he said, glaring over my shoulder at the Slytherin table. "But they didn't know I'd snogged his girlfriend." 

I hit Elijah after that but I wasn't mad. That was just Elijah. Even if Draco and I made up, he would still bring it up for years to come. I hope he will have the opportunity to do so. 

I chugged down the rest of my tea and got my bag, standing up. "I should go to class, and so should you," I said, walking away and going to DAtDA. On the way there I was stopped by a certain someone.  

"Hey, Allie. Can you wait up a second?" I heard, turning to see Emmy.  

I analyzed her tone briefly and, after deciding it sounded civil, I stopped and waited for her to catch up. "Look... I'm really sorry about the whole Elijah situation. I didn't realize you liked him so much... Are you and Draco...?"