Blame It On The Mead

Don't forget to vote! <3

--------------

I don't know if it was the effects of the mead or the adrenaline of the moment but I kissed him with more intensity that I ought to. At first his lips were surprised against mine but then he began to move them in sync with my own, even knotting his hands in my hair.  

"Allie? Elijah?" Harry said after removing the cloak and seeing us kiss. 

I turned my eyes to look at Harry though I could feel Elijah's surprised and wide eyes still on my face. "Oh my gosh. I can't believe the charm wore off. I'm sorry you had to see that," I said with mock embarrassment, though I was more relieved than anything. He didn't look suspicious after all. "What are you doing out here by yourself?" 

He looked distracted again. Success. "Just needed a breather. Sorry about um...interrupting. Carry on," he said, walking away. He didn't seem to care that I was out with a Slytherin so I assumed his earlier suspicions about Elijah being a death eater were gone. I knew it would be a different story with Draco. 

"Sorry about that," I said to Elijah awkwardly, trying not to meet his eyes.  

"Right... Sorry," he said looking a bit dazed. 

"I couldn't think of anything else. I blame it on the mead, personally... I know it must've been a disappointment after kissing Emmy," I laughed nervously, trying to break some of the tension. 

He laughed a bit, though it was more of a weird hysteric laugh. "I think you underestimate yourself." 

I smiled slightly. "Do you think we could keep this between us...? I can't imagine what Draco would do if he found out," I said, shuddering while imagining his reaction. 

"Of course... Between us... Sure, yeah...," he mumbled though his eyes were somewhere else entirely.  

"Shall we go back to the party, then?" I asked, getting up and holding out my hand to help Elijah up. He looked at it, hesitating for a second, and then his usual smirk reappeared and he took it, getting up and walking back to the party with me.

The next afternoon, I was already standing in front my house about to go in, Elijah by my side. Draco had come with us but set off to his house after throwing Elijah a glare. We had successfully hidden the kiss from Draco but it was weighing heavy on my conscious already. 

"Alright," I breathed, turning the handle to the door. 

It opened to the living room and suddenly a weight was lifted off me. It felt so good to be back home. Nehemiah was sitting on the couch. "Nehemiah!" I exclaimed, dropping my stuff and running to him. He stood up just before I wrapped my arms around him. I'd forgotten how tall he is, even taller than Elijah, if only by a little. 

Nehemiah hugged me tightly, as I did him. "I've missed you!" I said, feeling so happy to have a bit of normalcy again, completely forgetting about all the Hogwarts/Elijah problems. 

I sat on the couch next to him after he let me go and Elijah brought the rest of my stuff inside the house and shut the door before sitting across from us in the armchair.  

"Well... This is cozy," Elijah stated, taking in all the furnishings of my living room. He then sent a resentful glare at Nehemiah. 

"So, I see you and Elijah got acquainted," Nehemiah said, not seeming to notice his brother's expression. 

"Yeah, he's not so bad, it turns out," I said, and Elijah's mood visibly lifted. 

"See. Someone likes me," he said smugly to Nehemiah, crossing his arms over his chest.