What Do Girls Learn In School?

Elijah POV 

I was walking through the corridor heading to the Slytherin common room when I heard a couple of 4th year Slytherins talking. "Did you hear that she's pregnant? I can't believe it... It was shocking enough when they got married..." 

"What?" I said when heard them. Both girls turned around in surprise.  

"Allie Jones is pregnant... Amycus Carrow announced it in her Dark Arts class today..." 

"He's lying...," I said through gritted teeth. 

"She ran out of the room in tears. I'm pretty sure it's true. That's probably why they got married in the first place." 

I only saw black fury on my way to the common room which had turned into a brisk jog rather than a leisurely walk. As soon as I entered the room, I scoured it for Draco. My eyes landed on a mop of white hair and I ran up to him, grabbing the back of his robe and throwing him to the ground.  

Draco looked up at me in a surprised rage and then understanding flooded his sunken features. Once I realized that Draco knew exactly why I threw him on the ground, I took that as confirmation and rammed my fist into that little git's jaw. "How could you do this to her?" I yelled, fury apparent in my shaking voice. My Irish accent was peeking through a bit more than usual. 

Draco didn't say anything as my fist collided with his torso; he didn't even protect himself. "Fight me back, you git!" It was infuriating me even more that he wasn't fighting back. How could I blame Draco if Draco already blamed himself? 

"I hope you rot in hell for all you've put her through. You should have broken up with her the minute you knew what was going on. Now you've ruined her life...and you've ruined mine too so I hope you're happy!" I screamed and then, clenching my jaw shut so I wouldn't yell anything more, I left the common room and ran out into the corridor, hoping that I could somehow shut out everything and everyone. 

That was impossible though, I learned as I rounded the corner and headed down a different corridor, to numb the feelings that were racking my being. All I could think about was the fact that this really meant it was over for me. You'd think that her making an unbreakable vow with Draco would make me realize there was wasn't any hope but no. I kept telling myself there would be a way around it. After the war they would find out that there is actually a spell or a potion that can make an unbreakable vow breakable without the punishment of death. 

How stupid of me. I should have known from years of being let down that hope is the most destructive emotion you can have. Instead of spending time to get over Allie, I've been creating crazy delusions in my head that we could still be together. But, even if there was a way to get out of a marriage so final, she was going to have his baby

I knew Allie too well to think that that wouldn't change everything for them. She would never look twice at me now that his demon spawn was planted inside of her. How could Draco be so stupid? How could she be so stupid? How could I be so stupid? 

When I finally looked up from my feet after mindlessly wandering around the castle without realizing where I was going, I had no idea where I was. Honestly though, I didn't care. I wanted to go ask Allie if it was true. I wanted to shake her and ask her what she was thinking. I wanted to ask her, what about me? But I knew that I wouldn't do that.  

After my confession when she was in the hospital wing last year, I hadn't said a word about it. I couldn't go there again and deal with such rejection. I'd withstood countless rejections all my life, but even the rejection I felt from my parents didn't sting quite so bad. 

I felt tears threatening to spill over but instead of letting them, I let out a loud, angry grunt and turned to punch the corridor wall. The pain in my knuckles masked the pain in my heart, if only for a minute. Quit being such a girl, I thought.