I Just Wanted To Warn You

I hadn't even finished unpacking when my mom called for me to come downstairs and set the table. I never understood why my mom couldn't just use magic to set the table instead of making me do it. She always says that I can't rely on magic for everything but I thought that was the point of being a wizard in the first place.

 I placed all the dishes in front of all the chairs needed and placed the silverware accordingly. My stomach made an audible noise and I realized that I hadn't ate since breakfast before I left Hogwarts; it seemed like a lifetime ago.

 I was working very slowly because I wasn't happy that I had to do it in the first place so when my mom walked in, she had a hissy fit. "Hurry up, Allie! They'll be here soon! I want it all to be ready."

 "It'll be ready mom! Just calm down, take a few breaths, okay?" I said in a soothing tone, she was really freaking out.

 She listened to my request and took a few deep breaths. "I'm sorry, I'm just so stressed that my dad is back. It's so different having him around again. I know that what he did was horrible but.....he's my dad and I did miss him."

 "I understand. It seems like he's a completely different person around family...... But, there's no way that I can ever forgive him for what he did."

 "And I would never expect you to," she said while running her hands over my hair softly.

 Just then, there was a loud pop and a knock on the door. I could only assume that they had apparated to our doorstep. "Oh my gosh, they're here!" my mom said frantically.

 "I'll go answer the door," I offered since my dad was nowhere to be found. I guessed that he was up in his room still getting ready.

 I ran to the door and stopped before I opened it to compose myself. I ran my fingers through my dark hair and placed it where I wanted it to be. I took a deep breath and then opened the door with a smile on my face.

 I was completely shocked to see the man standing next to Ben. When he had said that he was a 'good kid' I had imagined someone alot younger than he was and definately worse looking. The man that stood in front of me was completely opposite of what I had pictured.

 He was pretty tall, probably as tall or taller than Dean is. He had straight brown hair that laid around his head in a mess. He had stunning green eyes that lit up his face, full lips, and a little facial hair. All in all, he was gorgeous.

 "This is Nehemiah Sweeney," Ben said, I had momentarily forgot that he was there.

 Nehemiah smiled for a few seconds before it disappeared. "I'm Allie Jones," I said, holding out my hand which he took and shook briefly.

 "It's nice to meet you," Nehemiah said, speaking for the first time. I noticed that he had an Irish accent.

 "Come in," I said, opening the door wider and motioning my hand to the inside of my house. Ben walked in first and Nehemiah cautiously followed, taking in his surroundings as he went.

I led them to the dining room where my father would surely be by now. Sure enough, he was standing by the table waiting for us to come in. He looked nervous as he fiddled with his tie. "Dad, this is Nehemiah Sweeney," I said, feeling odd as his name passed through my mouth.

My dad stuck out his hand and shook Nehemiah's steadily. "I'm Dixon. I'm glad you could make it."

There was some sort of weird tension in the air and I couldn't place it. "Erm..... I'm going to go help out my mom in the kitchen," I said awkwardly, backing out of the dining room to leave my dad alone with Ben and Nehemiah.