Good Riddance

After my birthday, I spent most days wandering the corridors. I had no interest in sitting in the common room with everyone joking around and being happy when I was so unhappy. It was depressing. 

Elijah had been particularly unhelpful. When I had told him about my encounter with Draco, he merely replied, 'Good riddance.' I didn't tell him about the other thing Draco had said; I didn't think I ever would. 

So today as I made my usual rounds of the corridors, I was surprised to see Harry. I thought about saying hi to him but when I noticed he was intently studying his map, I decided against it. I heard him talk about that map before. I heard him say he was watching Draco on it. 

When he quickly took off around the corner, I followed him, always managing to stay out of sight. Finally, he stopped in front of what appeared to be a bathroom door, and put his ear against it. After a second, he slowly opened the door and went inside. I stayed back, waiting to see if anything weird was going on. 

Before long, I heard a loud bang and I grew worried, so I ran to the door and flung it open. Sure enough, it was a bathroom. I had just noticed that there was water everywhere and Harry appeared to be saying something with his wand raised but I couldn't hear it. In fact, my ears seemed to have stopped working. The only thing that was clear was that I had to step in front of Draco, who just noticed that I was there. 

What hit me next was the greatest pain I've ever endured. 

Draco's POV 

Bright red blood covered her face and her chest as she fell backward into my arms. "No!" I screamed.  

If I had noticed she was in the room before, I wouldn't have let her come close... I would have stepped in front of her. "No, no, no, no," I cried though my brain hadn't really comprehended what my eyes were seeing. 

I vaguely heard Harry say, "No - I didn't -" 

She was dying. It looked as if a sword had slashed her pale skin dozens of times and she was shaking uncontrollably as if she was having a seizure. I laid her on the ground below, water soaked through the knees of my pants but I didn't notice. All I noticed was the death-noises she was making and the deep gashes in her skin, every heartbeat pushing out more blood. 

"Allie, no! Don't die on me! Please!" I sobbed, throwing myself onto her. I didn't care that Potter was in the room; I didn't care if he knew anymore. I didn't care about anything anymore. 

"Go get Professor Snape, please!" I screamed, knowing that he was the only one who could help her. He would be the only one who knew how. I would go get him myself but I couldn't bear to leave her alone. 

Harry only stood there, looking down at Allie with a horrified expression, like he was frozen in shock. "Please! She's dying!" 

It felt like hours had passed; the blood was quickly pooling around her. I was convinced that she had no more blood to bleed. I cupped my hands around her face and mumbled, "I'm sorry. I love you," over and over again, not knowing what else to do or say; maybe hoping that she would wake up and hear me and it would save her and at worst, knowing that if she died, she'd at least know how I felt. 

I felt someone push me out of the way roughly. I looked up to see Professor Snape saying an incantation and waving his wand over her wounds. I put my head in my hands unable to watch. "Help," Snape ordered after a few seconds and when I looked up, Allie's wounds had ceased their bleeding.  

I didn't hesitate to grab her other arm and put it around my shoulder to support her while carrying her to the hospital wing. "She needs dittany immediately to avoid scarring," Snape explained, supporting her other side. She was still unconscious and I worried that Snape's incantation had not fixed her.