Atlantis

WARNING: There is maybe a little more than moderate drug use in this chapter so if that makes you uncomfortable, I apologize.

Also, the picture to the side contains my inspiration pictures!

------------------

Turns out that getting to Atlantis was a bit of a chore. First, we gathered all our things in front of the fireplace and went through the floo network to this bar close to the shore in Morocco.  

Morocco itself was warm and beautiful, though I assumed that it was nothing compared to Atlantis. We walked a short distance to a port where I boat awaited us. The boat itself looked like a normal boat, people crowded upon the deck, although it was anything but. 

Once everyone was loaded onto the boat, it set sail. It went a normal speed until we were out of the muggle's sight, at which point it sped up. Really sped up. It went so fast that I could hardly hold in my breakfast; I squeezed Draco's hand so hard that it started turning purple.  

Then, of course it got worse, we were headed for a huge whirlpool, so huge that it looked like a hole in the sea. My grew wide as we neared it, knowing what would come next.  

We were swallowed up. The sea turned into walls around us and I feared that it would fall and drown us. I squeezed my eyes shut so hard that it distracted me. I didn't want to open them again. Finally, Draco tapped on my shoulder and gave a chuckle. "It's over," he whispered in my ear. "Open your eyes." 

I opened my eyes and immediately gasped. Though we had gone under the water, we somehow ended up on land. The sun was shining brightly above, even brighter than when we were in Morocco. And somehow the perfect temperature as well. 

The boat was very high off the ground but building surrounding the expansion of the beach was even higher. As I climbed off the boat, I took in the beautiful structure of the building that we were now walking towards. 

The walls were made out of smooth, white stone; the sun's reflection off them was almost blinding. There were large cutouts at various points that led into different parts of the hotel and I noticed there was train tracks in one of the cutouts. The center piece of the hotel went so far up that I imagined it kissed the sky, the top ending in a sharp point.  

We walked through the lobby which was extravagant in it's own right, though nothing compared to the beauty of the exterior. My parents and Ben checked in while Draco, Elijah, Nehemiah, and I waited.  

"Wow, this place is fancy...," Elijah said, trying to disguise the awe in his voice. I doubted that any of us had seen such a magnificent place before. 

"Okay, Nehemiah, Elijah, and Draco will be sharing a room. Sorry, they didn't have enough for you to get your own," my mom apologized to Draco, handing him a room key. He said it was okay though I giggled at his uncomfortable expression. That would be fun for him; sharing a room with Elijah and Nehemiah. 

Even my room key was magnificent. It was golden key with the classic two prong design. The top was decorated in swirls and curls along with an engraving that read, 'Room 596'. I tucked it safely into my pocket.  

We took the elevator up. It looked regular sized from the outside, though when we stepped in, it was very expansive. It went up sharply, making my stomach feel like it had fallen into my feet. Then it made a sharp turn to the right and I struggled, for the second time that day, the keep down my breakfast. Finally, it came to a jolting stop and the doors opened up to a hall.  

"What is it with these people and their too fast transportation?" I grumbled, clutching my torso and stumbling out of the death trap. 

Elijah was chuckling at my side while we strolled down the hallway trying to locate our rooms. "Here I am," I said after matching the number above the door to the one written on my key.