Feisty, I Like It

The end of the first week back at Hogwarts seemed to come so slowly that by the time it was finally Friday, I felt the year should have already been over. Elijah had been unusually persistent, like more persistent than anyone I'd ever encountered. He wouldn't leave me alone, no matter how rude or blunt I'd been and it is starting to wear on my patience. 

I walked down the corridor towards the common room, it was almost eight o' clock and I'd been in the library trying to finish my Defense Against the Dark Arts homework. I was hoping that I wasn't being following, and that I wouldn't run into someone undesirable when I saw Harry coming down the hall.  

"Hey, Harry. Where are you off to?" I asked curiously. 

"Oh, I didn't tell you? I've got a meeting with Dumbledore. He's going to teach me some things about...well, you know." 

"Who?" I smirked at him, finishing his sentence, which didn't necessarily need to be finished. 

"Yes, actually. And I'm a little late so I'll see you later, okay?" he said, running down the corridor and not allowing me to answer.  

"Okay...," I mumbled, continuing to walk down the corridor. 

"I didn't realize you and Potter were friends... I'm quite sure your grandfather doesn't know about that..." 

I knew who it was without even looking because I'd come so accustomed to hearing Elijah's voice at the most inconvenient times, which was anytime to be honest. "What do you want from me!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms up in the air and turning on him. 

"A galleon." 

"Besides a galleon," I said, narrowing my eyes at him to the point where he was just a tall blurry figure. 

"Two galleons," he said with his annoying half smile. "So, does your grandfather know about Mr. Potter and you canoodling in the corridors?" 

"Why don't you mind your own business for a change? Harry and me are classmates and acquaintances, nothing more. Besides, I can talk to whoever I want, whenever I want! No one controls me!" I yelled at him, growing more and more angry by the second. He got under my skin like no one else. 

"Not for long," he said with a knowing look in his eyes. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"It just means that once they find out how much you know, the death eaters I mean, they'll either kill you or completely control your life. You know, if Draco really loves you as much as he says he does, he wouldn't have told you about his task. He would have dumped you right on the spot. I know if I loved a girl like you, I wouldn't let anything hurt you," he said, closing the distance between us to the point where I was up against the wall behind us. 

"I don't think you're capable of love... And any part of you that touches me, you won't be getting back," I snarled at him, pushing him away. 

"Feisty, I like it. I like it a lot. You know, one of these days you're going to realize that you're actually in love with me. Not Malfoy, not precious little Nehemiah, but me. I'm clearly the superior choice." 

"Why do you have to be such a sexual predator all the time? Are you insane?" 

"I tried to be sane once, but it was very boring... I'd much rather sexually harass you." 

"What's it like having a mind of pure filth, you cretin?" 

"Endlessly entertaining. Especially when you're apart of it. I had this particularly sexy dream last night ---" 

"Okay, I'm going to stop you there. I've got places to be. Places that don't require your presence. Actually, your presence would be frowned upon."