1

context: theyre in grade 9 (set in june)

2007-->2008
butters = 15 (11/9)
stan = 15 (19/10)
kenny = 15 (22/3)
kyle = 15 (26/5)
eric = 14 (1/7)

btw i am british so if anything is wrong then tough shit😭

-

(idk how to start💀)

POV : Kyle

"Bye Stan!!" i call out, watching the noirette step off the bus. he turns around and waves goodbye, before completely disappearing around the corner, almost tripping over a stone as he did so.

i laugh slightly, as i felt a smile creep onto my face.

the bus engine starts up, as the journey home continues. with a thud, a certain bag gets thrown onto the seat next to me, and i look up, startled.

Kenny flings himself onto the spare seat next to me, grinning through his parka.

"Hey Kyle!" the blonde says, rather loudly.

"Hey Kenny. You doing anything once you're home?"

"Nahh. Are you?" he asks, his voice muffled.

"Nope. My family's out for the weekend and Ike's gone to Firkle's for some kind of sleepover, so I'm home alone for the next.. uh.. three days? Wanna come round?" i offer. i admit, me and Kenny didnt talk as much as we should, and i miss the days that we'd hang out more often.

"Yeah sure dude! It'll be good to catch up, it feels like forever since we spent some time together." he responds, kicking his feet up onto the chair infront.

we both talked until we arrived at our stop, then we left to my house, chatting the whole way and laughing about small things.

when we arrive, i unlock the door, flinging it open. the lights are all off, and the rooms are as sparkling clean as my mom had left them.

Kenny jumps onto the couch, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV to some random channel with the volume down. i throw my bag by the stairs to take up later, and go to make a cup of coffee.

"Want a drink?" i call through to the blonde, who had taken off his parka and hung it on the stair banister.

"Yeah thanks!" he replies, walking through to join me in the kitchen and help.

(time skip💀)

the time is 9:42pm. me and Kenny are sat cross legged on the carpet in my bedroom, gossiping, as all teenage boys at late night sleepovers do.

"So you DO have a crush!" i squeal, pressing my hands against my knees as i lean forward, intrigued and excited.

Kenny blushes slightly, laughing as he did so. "Yep. He's so cute!"

"Who's the lucky guy then?" i ask, curiously.

"Guess."

"Well at least give me a hint!"

"Fine. He's older than me - one of the oldest in the year actually. And he's adorable, and slightly shorter than average, and you know him!" Kenny dreamily stares into space as he lists these, falling onto his back and resting his head on his hands in a stargazing position.

i groan. "I don't know, I can't think. Tell me please please please please please!!"

"Fine, fine! It's Butters." he states proudly.

"BUTTERS? I'm so happy for you dude!" i laugh, laying down next to him.

"Now you have to tell me who you like." Kenny sits up, starting to eye me as he smirks.

i choke on the air. "Me? Like someone? Funny."

"Just tell me!" he whines, grabbing my shoulders and forcing me to sit up while i roll my eyes.

"I'm not into anyone."

"Surely theres somebody? Just think!"

"No."

"Pleeeaaassseeee!!"

"NO."

"Kyleeee!!"

"Oh my god fine. There may or may not be.. a certain guy."

Kenny squeals. "Who?? Who is it? You have to tell me because i told you about Butters. Tell me!"

i sigh. "Uh... you also know him. He's really kind, and.. and he's sporty. He knows how to make me happy too. His eyes are beautiful, and his smile makes my heart race, and-"

i feel a small pain rising in my chest.

"Awwe, you really do have a crush on this guy!! Let me guess - Stan. I've seen the way you look at him, it's obvious. I just want you to confess it." Kenny laughs, and i would've laughed too if it wasnt for the sudden stinging in my throat.

i start coughing into my hand, feeling like i was choking.

Kenny calms his laughter and looked to me, smiling but confused. "You okay?"

then i felt it, i felt myself cough something up.

it slowly drifts to the floor, swaying as it fell. me and Kenny just watch it as it landed

a single purple hyacinth petal, with small stains of blood. it lays on my rug, motionless.

Kenny bursts out laughing. "Did you eat a flower?" he asks, his voice shaking.

i stare at the singular petal in shock, trying to ignore the burning feeling in my throat.

when Kennys laughing calms down again, he looks back up to me. "Dude?" he says, the smile fading from his face.

confusion washes over me as i reach out to pick up the petal. "No, I did not eat a flower, funnily. I don't know what the fuck this is."

Kenny inspects the petal that i hold. "I'm no expert on flowers and wildlife bullcrap, but I don't think coughing up petals is normal."

"No fucking way dude! I thought everyone coughed up nature!" i retort sarcastically, standing up and walking to my desk.

"What are you doing?" Kenny asks, getting up to follow me.

i pull a jar out of my desk, and place the flower petal inside. "I'm keeping this flower as my very own paranormal memento."

i scribble down the date and time onto the jar.

[June 2 // 21:49]

"Thats dumb. You do you I guess." he responds, resting his elbows on my desk. i place the jar on my shelf, stepping back to admire it.

"You not gonna wipe off the blood?"

"Nope."

"Okay. On that note, I should head home now anyways. It's getting late. Message me if anything weird happens again!" Kenny exclaims, grinning widely.

i smile back. "Alright dude. I'll talk to you later!"

i watch him leave my room, and i hear the front door close. out my window, i see him leaving while putting his parka back on.

sighing, i look back at the shelf, at the jar.

"Weird." i mutter, turning and walking over to my bed, throwing myself onto the duvet.

the burning pain in my throat had subsided, but there was still an uneasy feeling in my chest.

heartache, you could say it was.
but i'd just call it fucking annoying.

[1114 words]