11

POV: Kyle

saturday came rather quickly.

me and Stan had organised to meet up in Tweaks Coffee shop, get a drink, then go to mine for the night.

i'm excited. it should be fun! nothing can go wrong, right?

i hope i don't jinx it. i'm really excited for this, i don't want anything to go wrong. really.

---

"Hey Kyle!" Stan smiles at me, sitting in a booth in the café as i walk in, the small bell above the door jingling to alert my presence to the rest of the room.

i wave to Tweek as i walk past, who was currently in deep conversation with Craig while he cleaned one of the counters before his break would start, and then i take a seat infront of Stan.

"Hey dude! Have you ordered already?" i ask, putting my bag on the space next to me.

"Yeah, and I ordered you a latte cause I know you don't like the «fancy» stuff, as you call them." he rolls his eyes, grinning at me, and i can't help but smile back. i love how he remembers small details about things i like and don't like.

"Yeah yeah, thank you though," i pull out a $5 and pass it to him, and he looks at me with confusion.

"What's that for?" he asks, tilting his head slightly as he speaks.

"For buying my drink."

"Dude, it's fine. I can pay for you, it's my treat."

"Aw, like a date?" i laugh lightly at my joke, but i really wish it was a date.

when i look back up at him, i can see a small tint of red on his cheeks.

it's faint, barely visible, but there.

maybe i have a chance.

"If that's what you wanna call it," he grins, and before i can respond, Tweek walks over with a tray of plastic coffee cups.

he places the drinks down on the table - with some difficulty - then continues with his shift.

i take the warm drink in my hands, holding it up to my face. "Thanks again, dude." i smile, taking a sip of the liquid before deciding it was too hot, and put it back down.

"Honestly it's no problem. I'm just happy to spend time with you," he says to me while drinking some of whatever he ordered for himself, not knowing how much those simple words made my heart flutter.

"Me too. What do you wanna do?" i ask him, still grinning as i hold onto the base of my cup.

"We can head to yours and order junk while playing video games, or we could watch a movie?"

"Sure, okay!"

we both stand up together, and we both grab our bags and walk out the café, waving bye to Tweek as we do so.

the walk to mine was like any other walk we spent together, but something was different.

i was paranoid about the flowers acting up on the whole walk, and Stan seemed nervous, or distracted about something.

when we make it to mine, we throw our coats onto the back of the couch and collapse onto the cushions, giggling and pillow-fighting eachother for the remote console.

"It's my remote," i argue, throwing a pillow at Stans' head. he bats it away, laughing, then grabs it and throws it at my leg.

"I'm the guest, it's tradition that I choose who chooses, so I choose myself." he responds proudly, snatching the remote from my hand.

"Hey-!" i giggle, "-fineee, you can choose."

Stan sits cross-legged on the couch next to me, grinning and turning on the TV. he then pauses, and turns to me.

he then speaks, "Wait."

"Yes?" i raise an eyebrow, looking at him.

"What are we doing?"

"Idiot."

"I'm serious!"

i start laughing, taking the remote from him and changing the channel. "We can... play Mario Kart? Nothing beats Mario Kart."

"Sure, but I'll absolutely destroy you."

i get up, grabbing the remotes off the bookshelf, before returning to my seat next to Stan. "Is that a promise?"

"It's a promise."

(AN: i did make this chapter longer, but it was getting close to 2000 words so i've decided to split it here. also i'm tryna update more often cz im spending the nights writing these so i have a lot in draft mode!!!!1!

i've got some good plans for this fic. i wonder if you'll like them 😼.)

[741 words]