26

POV: Stan

"Can we talk?"

the words seem so simple, so casual and nonchalant, but could mean hundreds of different things, positive or negative.

"Sure," i start, turning to face Kyle completely. "about what?"

"Something. Anything, really. Distract me." the boy turns to face me too, flashing me his sweet, perfect smile.

"Hmm... I can't just think of something on the spot. You start a conversation." i respond, giggling slightly.

he turns up, facing the dimly lit stars above. "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" he comments, mesmerised by the lights in the sky.

"Mhm," i nod in agreement, but my gaze wouldn't trail off of the boy i sit next to. "This is so perfect."

"What is?"

"Everything." i take a breath, laying back down on the blanket to watch the stars dazzle in the sky. "This view, the silence, you."

we stay quiet for another moment, and when i look back, Kyle has a tint of red on his cheeks, and a happy smile on his face.

hm, red.

"Thanks," he mumbles rather shyly, then going to lay down beside me.

i grin in response, though i'm not sure if he could see my smile in the dimness of the night.

minutes pass like hours, in the peaceful silence of our quiet stargazing date. would it be a date?

i roll over onto my side to face the boy who accompanies me, taking in his features yet another time that night. his sleepy, awe-filled eyes locked on the sparkling stars. his slight smile curving at the side of his lips. his beautiful, red locks of curled hair, positioned around his face.

so perfect, i tell myself mentally, before sitting up.

"You look tired." i mention, and Kyle nods in response, sitting up beside me.

"It's 1am, I don't usually stay up late like this."

i shrug in response, getting up and holding a hand out to the tired boy. "Come on, I'm taking you home."

Kyle takes my hand and stands up, watching me roll up the blanket and stuff it into his bag, before holding onto his hand and walking back the way we came, all in silence.

we weave between bushes and trees, retracing our steps back to South Park, hand in hand, in a comfortable quietness.

we walk down the empty, dimly lit street together. overall, we're alone, interrupted by the occasional car driving down the street once every few minutes.

"Kyle?" i mumble, holding onto him tightly.

"Hm?" he responds sleepily, eyes glued to the pavement we walk on.

"What were you and Bebe talking about?"

the thought had been on my mind for a while, i admit, and i was both curious, and slightly jealous. what did they talk about that ended in a hug, and exchanging of numbers? were they flirting?

"Gay shit," Kyle shrugs.

oh, okay.

despite my dissatisfaction with that answer, i stay quiet, not wanting to annoy him with too many questions, then seem all jealous. even though i am jealous, which i don't know what for.

maybe because he's my sbf, it hurts to see other people trying to get so close to him, i think to myself, tightening my grip on Kyles hand.

i don't want to be replaced or anything.

"Why ask?" the ginger suddenly says, turning his head to face me properly as we walk.

"No reason," i lie unconvincingly in response.

"Right."

we return to silence, the only noise being the pattering of footsteps on the pavement.

as we approach Kyle's house, i speak up again.

"What was the... blow-kiss-thing for?"

the boy turns his head away, blushing from embarrassment as he does so. "I don't know. Sorry."

"No, it's alright." i smile reassuringly at him, admittedly blushing myself.

he meets my gaze, holding eye contact for a second. "Really?"

"Mhm." my smile broadens into a grin, as we continue looking into eachothers eyes.

god, i want to kiss him.

wait what

"Uh, we're here," i say quickly, blushing from embarrassment, which probably confused Kyle.

i can't believe i just thought that, what the fuck?

"Bye Kyle, thanks for tonight, and I'll see you tomorrow!" letting his hand go, i walk away, waving and smiling nervously.

"Uh, bye Stan!" Kyle waves back in a confused manner.

i quickly walk out of sight, my heart racing. "What," i mumble to myself, eyebrows furrowed as i continue to lose myself in my thoughts.

did i really just think that about him? did i really just get the urge to kiss Kyle?

the mere thought of it brings more red to my cheeks, and i groan in frustration.

i'm so weird.

approaching my house, i climb back up the tree with much difficulty, crawling through the window before kicking off my shoes and bag, then immediately collapsing into my bed.

why would i think that? did i really want to kiss him? it would've been a great chance to at that moment, but, is that what i want?

i stare at my ceiling, hugging a pillow as i think.

i think so.

why?

minutes pass as i lay there, fatigue gradually growing over me. before i realise, another minute has passed, until the sudden thought comes to my mind like an electric shock.

do i love Kyle?

a possibility, yes, but possible nonetheless.

A/N
second dtae sksjsjjsj !!!! :3

added some progression, finally⁉️

[901 words]