16

POV: Stan

"So she just... broke up with you?" the blonde boy next to me asks, while munching on a plate of garlic bread.

i had taken Kenny and Kyle to a nearby restaurant, my treat, to get my mind off of the breakup i had just been through. but Wendy's motive never once left my mind, no matter how hard i tried to distract myself.

"Yeah," i say, taking a sip of water.

"Weird. Did she say why?" Kyle chips in, a genuine sympathetic look on his face.

i love how thoughtful he is

i sit in silence, unsure on how to answer his question without embarrassing myself.

Kenny raises an eyebrow, looking at me with suspicion. "Did she call you gay?"

"-Come again?" i respond in slight surprise, feeling my cheeks heat up slightly.

"Did she break up with you because you're gay?"

me and Kyle both look at Kenny - one in stun, and one in amused confusion.

"I-I mean, yes, but-"

"-knew it!! My god, Cartman owes me so much money, I'm gonna be rich!!!-"

"-but, I'm not gay." i finish, sighing.

Kyle starts to snicker, and Kenny elbows him, exchanging a knowing glance with eachother.

"What?" i say after a brief moment of silence. "I'm not, I swear."

"What, you've never blushed at a boy?" Kenny asks me, staring at me in an almost intimidating way. "You've gotta atleast be bisexual or something, like- no offence, but when I look at you, all I see is a total faggo-"

"-Can I take your orders, please?" a waitress asks, smiling uncomfortably as she stands by our table.

"Uh," Kyle starts, trying his best to not laugh, "Can I have, uhh... a pizza? Pepperoni, please."

"I'll have what he's having," i smile awkwardly, embarrassed, as the waitress writes down on her small flip-pad of paper.

"I'll have a... uh, a.. steak?" Kenny says unsurely.

the waitress nods, and as soon as she walks away and out of sight, Kyle breaks down laughing, covering his mouth with his hand as he laughs. i find myself blushing, from embarrassment, and i roll my eyes, but i can't help but let a smile escape onto my lips.

"Homo," Kenny whispers to me in a song-like tone, causing me to glare at him, my face heating up.

"Shut up," i hiss back as Kyle finishes his laughing fit.

"Wow, okay," the ginger says in a breathy laugh as he catches his breath back, "okay, so. She dumped you? Like, for good? Or another on-off thing?"

"For good," i take another sip of water, feeling my emotions finally start to calm down.

"Why did she think you were gay?" Kenny adds, grinning at me in a way suggesting he already knew.

the dreaded question.

i stay quiet, thinking of what i could say.

Kyle then starts speaking instead, smiling in a supportive way, "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, that's fine." he smiles in his usual, sweet way, and i feel a thousand new thoughts running through my mind.

i sit there, inarticulate to my emotions.

Kenny starts to giggle. "He's all red, look at him," he chimes, poking my face.