27

POV: Stan

"And then you said you... «didn't mind it»?"

i sit in Tweak Bro's cafe with Kenny, telling him what happened, and trying to make sense of it all.

"Mhm." i hum in response, nibbling on the cookie i had bought.

"And then you felt the urge to kiss him."

my cheeks heat up, and i nod. "I don't know why, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise," the blonde smiles at me, taking a bite of his own cookie which i payed for. "I think it's cute. Childhood friends to lovers."

"We aren't in love." i respond, looking away in slight fluster. "It was a mistake."

"So you don't want to kiss him?" Kenny asks, raising an eyebrow as he looks at me judgingly.

"Well, I mean, not right now, but I- I mean, like, last night I did." i groan, embarrassed, letting my head fall with a thud onto the table, which earned a few looks from the people around.

"Why did you want to kiss him?"

i sit up, searching my memories from the night before, trying to recall. "I... don't know. I just wanted to."

"There's nothing wrong with that." the blonde says to me with a smile, before finishing his cookie.

"It's... wrong. He's my best friend, super best friend. I shouldn't be thinking of him like that."

"But if he were to think of you the same?"

i raise an eyebrow. "What?"

"What if he also liked you? Would that change anything?"

pausing, i take another bite of my cookie, before talking. "Does he like me?"

Kenny raises his hands up in defence. "Hey, I don't know, ask him."

"No, that's... embarrassing. So I'm asking you. Does he like me?"

"Do you like him? Do you want him to like you?" the blonde counters, making me think.

"Well... I don't know. Would it be bad if I did?" just the idea of it makes my heart speed up.

"No, not at all. I wouldn't call it a bad thing. Just... a complicated thing."

"I don't even want you to elaborate. So, does he?"

"Does he what?" Kenny responds, raising an eyebrow. He then makes an «oh!» sound, and nod.

i feel my face heat up. "Oh." in silence, i continue to nibble on my cookie, to distract my mind.

he's liked me this whole time? is that why he took me out? all the times he got upset when i went off with Wendy?

i keep my head down, thinking. he loves me? am i okay with that? i don't know if i mind or not.

"Stan?" Kenny says, poking the side of my head.

i look up at the blonde, fully aware of the redness of my face, and earning a respective giggle.

rolling my eyes, i speak up. "He does like me, doesn't he?"

something about that thought makes me want to smile. i guess i really am happy for him to like me.

"Dude, go find him, go talk to him." Kenny says, smiling widely at me.

"You think I should?"

"You love him, don't you?"

i hesitate.

"I.." searching my mind for alternate words, i fumble through my thoughts, as Kenny waits patiently for me to speak.

"I think I do. Yeah." i feel the blush creep onto my face. "I do love him."

"Then go find him."

i get up quickly, nodding. i half walk, half run outside of the café, waving goodbye to Tweek as i go.

i rush down the street, towards Kyle's house.

i have to tell him. i have to.

i arrive outside his door as a sweaty, breathless mess, knocking.

Sheila answers the door.

"Mrs Broflovski!"

"Hi Stanley, what are you doing here?" she asks, tilting her head.

"I need to speak to Kyle." i respond, in as calm of a voice as i can muster.

Sheila pauses. "Oh, sweetie," she starts.

i raise an eyebrow.

"Kyle got rushed to hospital this morning."

[659 words]