20

small chapter !!

POV: Stan

i stand by the bus stop with Kenny and Cartman.

my head still aches, clouding my thoughts and blurring my vision slightly. fucking hangovers.

Kyle disappeared quite suddenly this morning from Cartman's house, and i feel like i'm the only one who cares about him. it was suspicious how quick he left, and no-one else batted an eye at it.

weird.

something strange happened last night, too. while we were drunk.

i remember drinking, then watching the movie with Kyle and Kenny. i remember Kenny passing out, then Kyle got up, and i think i followed him. but that's all i can recall, and the way Kyle had reacted to being asked what happened earlier, suggests that he knew more than what he was letting on.

he's been acting strange lately, trust me, i know. but i can't help but feel that there's more to his simple excuse of just... "being ill". there has to be more than that, it can't be that simple as to him just being "sick", surely?

"Where's your little boyfriend?" Cartman sneers, facing me with his hands deep in his coat pockets.

i shrug off his tease, and respond, "I don't know."

"Sure you don't."

i roll my eyes, and Kenny muffles a giggle behind his bright orange parka.

when the bus pulls up, i start to worry.

i haven't received any message from Kyle telling me he was going to be absent today, plus, he never misses school.

i climb onto the bus, heading to my usual seat, and i sit down, covering the other seat with my bag. plugging in headphones, i pull out my phone and turn on my music, then open up Kyle's contact.

                        SUPER BEST FRIEND
                                   June 18th
.
[read: 23:01]
--------------------------------------------------------
                                   June 19th
STAN:
kylr where are you???
the bus is here alrewdy
oh its moving
ur late

KYLE:
im not going in

STAN:
o, why???? r u ok?

KYLE:
im fine
i gtg

STAN:
but then why?? did
smth happen to u?
oh

KYLE:
bye<3

STAN:
goodbye
msg me later
<3

--

"Weird..." i mumble, closing the app and switching tabs to my music to skip the song.

i close my eyes, leaning against the window of the bus, just thinking.

what aren't i being told?

A/N
sorry for the short chapter💀👍

[391 words]