15

POV: Stan

"Oh, dude, I've gotta run. I'm supposed to meet with Wendy in ten minutes. Sorry," i smile to him, but i can see the hurt on his face.

"Nono, that's fine. Go with your girlfriend," Kyle grins, nudging me as i turn.

i walk away, my phone buzzing relentlessly in my pocket. i wave to Kyle as i pull out my phone, checking who the call was from.

Wendy, of course.

"Hey Wendy." i say, putting the phone to my ear.

"Hi Stan. Where do we meet?" she responds.

"Park?"

"Sure. Don't be late. We.. need to talk."

well that's worrying.

"Kay. Bye Wendy."

she hangs up the phone without an answer, making me sigh. to be fair, i haven't been the best boyfriend ever. i usually ignore her texts, and i spend my time with Kyle, Kenny and Cartman rather than with Wendy.

i just hope it's nothing bad.

--

i see her the moment i walk onto the grassy terrain - she sits at a bench, on her phone.

deep breaths.

"Hey."

"Stan? Oh, hi."

i take a seat next to her, and she smiles at me. i smile back, curious.

"What did you.. need to talk about?"

she sighs, then turns to completely face me. "Stan.." Wendy darts her glance to anywhere but at me. "Listen."

"Listening..?" raising an eyebrow, i shift my full focus to the girl infront.

"I've noticed... um.. how you blush." she laughs awkwardly, confusing me even more.

"How I... blush?"

"At Kyle."

oh!

confusion washes over me. "Excuse me?"

"I-I'm not mad, I think it's cute. It's been, what, 5 years since Tweek and Craig came out?" she laughs again.

i sit there and listen, unsure on how to react.

she then continues to speak. "I'm excited to have another gay couple in our town, since-"

"-wait what? Gay couple?" realisation sinks in at what shes suggesting, and i feel my eyes widen. "Oh no. No no no no no, me and Kyle? What?"

"I'm not mad, Stan, I'm just surprised it turned out to be you and not, well, Cartman or something. Since, y'know, I never expected my boyfriend... to be gay."

"Wendy, I'm not gay."

"Then why do you blush around him?"

"I don't." i can't believe what i'm hearing right now.

"We've all seen it, Stan. All of us. Even Kyle."

"You're all delusional, I don't blush at Kyle! Wait, even Kyle?" my cheeks heat up slightly - i didn't even realise i was blushing at Kyle, ever. he noticed?

she smiles, a slightly sad look lingering in her eyes. "You're blushing right now, Stan."

surely enough, i am. i can tell. "I'm just embarrassed, that's all."

"Sure."

"What's the point of this conversation, Wendy?"

--

POV: Kyle (oh em gee)

i feel a shudder run down my spine.

i have the strange feeling that i'm being watched or something.

i lay on my bed, two hours after i was left - jars discarded left and right; crumples of bloody tissues scattered over the dirty carpets; the room so dark that all i see are outlines, and the thin line of sun that escapes through the gap in the curtains, illuminating the first jar, the very first.

[June 2 // 21:49], it reads.

[June 11 // 11:03] is my recent.

in nine days, has this all escalated.

but i'm making good progress - progress people would be proud of me for.

1- i'm on the waiting list for the doctors.

2- i'm covering up my "illness" better now.

3- i'm watching a chance for me to live through this "illness" slowly emerging in the form of my super best friend's lovelife.

i know, i'm doing awesome. clap for me.

my phone rings, suddenly. strange...

i lift up the device from off the cluster of bloodied and messy tissues that lay gathering dust on my bedside table, and check on the screen for the name of the contact.

Stan Marsh.

i don't hesitate to accept his call.

"Hey dude, what's up?" i say, smiling.

"Are you free for lunch? There's this cool new pizza restaurant place whatever downtown by Kenny's house. Wanna go?"

like a date?

"Taking me out for dinner, Marsh? What's the treat?" i grin, giggling slightly, but genuinely curious.

"Wendy broke up with me."

[716 words]