12

POV: Kyle

-- time skip (kyle lost the game‼️🗣️) --

i check my watch as we finish up our next round - i lost count of the score long ago.

[11:53pm], it reads. i guess we both lost track of time.

occasionally, i had left the room to «go to the bathroom», and Stan had been starting to get more suspicious by the minute. i'm afraid that he's curious on what the illness is - i never told him the name, or any symptoms, but everytime he looks at me i can see the intrigue in his eyes. i can see the strong need for him to know more.

it's... worrying.

"Dude, it's kinda late. Mind if I just stay round overnight?" Stan asks me, sinking into the couch so he seemed more in a slouching than a sitting position.

"Yeah sure, I can find some spare clothes for you to sleep in if you want." i stand up, walking to the stairs.

"Cool, thanks. I'll start packing this away!"

i walk up the stairs to my room. as i go to open the door, the handle rattles instead of twisting. confusion washes over me, which is soon replaced by the cold dread of realisation.

Stan can't see in here.

i slip the small key out of my pocket and fiddle with it to get the door open, quickly stepping inside and closing it back behind me. flicking on the light switch, i keep my head down, avoiding to look around the messy excuse of a place i call my bedroom. out of shame? embarrassment? maybe neither, maybe both.

i make it to my dresser rather quickly and start rummaging inside, digging out some clothes for me and Stan to sleep in. i find some rather quickly, before i head back out of my room, locking the door behind me.

i need to keep him out there, it'd be bad if he saw the state of my room. all those flowers...

i walk down the stairs, greeted by the boy on my couch. he was munching on a cold slice of leftover pizza as he waved excitedly at me, making me giggle. i throw the clothes at his face, causing him to fall back into the arm of the couch, and he then smiles at me.

"Thanks for letting me stay on such short notice. And thanks for the pizza. And for the clothes." he grins as i take a seat on the other end of the couch.

"No problem dude, it's nice having you round again. It's been a while." last time was supposed to be saturday, last week. when he ditched me for Wendy. when i first recognised the flowers, and my feelings for him.

"Mmh, it has." he hums in agreement, seeming to be thinking half the same as i.

the atmosphere turned awkward.

Stan clears his throat, going to talk, "So- where do I change? Should i go to a bathroom, or your room, or-"

"Bathroom's fine," i interrupt, smiling.

smooth save, asshole, now he's gonna be more suspicious.

he looks at me for a second. "Okay." gathering the clothing i threw at him in his hands, he heads upstairs, waving goodbye to me as he does so.