Part 2

Meanwhile, back in England, a girl of the same age was being shouted at. "YOU STUPID GIRL! CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT?" Shouted the cook, her mistress.It was the last straw. She had curdled the custard again! "GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT! YOUR FIRED!" She screamed at the poor girl, Lucy. Weeping, she ran out of the kitchen as fast as her legs could carry her. Lucy was a kitchen maid. But, unfortunately, she wasn't a very good one.

She wore a scrap of white fabric, supposedly a dress, but it was so worn and tattered, it resembled nothing more than a small piece of cloth tied around her waist and shoulders, barely covering her far too big, baggy knickers. Her hair fell in raggedy uneven locks down to her armpits and was the colour of old hay. Her shoes were black leather, but they were several sizes too small, and the laces were so frayed you couldn't tie them together. Her toes stuck through frayed holes in the ends.

She decided to go for a walk to the waterfall, a place that always seemed to soothe her thoughts, no matter how upset she was. She knew every last detail about it, because she had been going there every day for as long as she could remember.

When she got there, she immediately noticed something felt off. Then, beside her feet, she saw a glowing purple hole. 

I'm sorry, I know it's really bad. I don't know if anybody would like reading it though, so if you do then here you are!
Also, I want to get to know my readers better, so I've decided I will ask a question at the end of each chapter!
What's your favourite song?
I like Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood (typical of me, I know)