Part 18

As she walked down deserted roads, She saw her father leading a similar group of people, but quadruple the size of the group Rose was leading. She waved. He waved back, beckoning her over. Rose ran over, and Lucy fell behind. Her feet hurt, and she was out of breath. Most of the other fairies were using their wings, but of course Lucy had no wings. When Rose got to her father, they had a short, quiet conversation before she ran back to the hospital patients she was leading. Lucy looked at her sadly, and Rose gave a sympathetic smile. She held out her arm, and Lucy gave her a big bear hug. "What happened to us?" She asked, with tears running down her face.

"I don't know. But can we be friends?" Rose replied, also struggling not to cry in front of everyone. Lucy bit her lip and nodded. She had her friend back once again.

Regaining some control, Rose Led everyone to her father and they all joined the back of his line. Rose, Ivan, Lucy and Ralph were behind the king, and he was leading on his own, no people next to him. The high pitched, screeching of the alarms still rang throughout the city. They hurt Lucy's ears, and she covered them with her hands. Rose looked at her, and pulled a pair of ear defenders out of nowhere. Lucy gave her a silent thank you, and put them on. The noise ceased immediately. She could still hear it, but it was very faint and didn't hurt her ears. She gave Rose a warm smile.

As They marched past the palace, The king muttered something to Rose who grabbed Lucy's arm and pulled her inside. Lucy tripped on the cold, stone steps and grazed her knee, but she still made it inside. Once she was in, she sat down on the red, furry dormant, she bent over her knee and Rose noticed she was quietly crying.

Rose's heart broke for her. Lucy had been through so much, and Rose felt it was her duty to make her feel better. She bent down awkwardly, and gave Lucy a loose hug. She cried into Rose's shoulder, and hugged her back. Eventually the crying stopped, but the bleeding hadn't. Lucy's leg was covered in blood, and so were her hands. When Rose realised, she ran into the nearest room and came out again holding 2 massive plasters in her hands.She gave one to Lucy, who carefully stuck it over her knee.

"What's the second plaster for?" Lucy asked. Rose pointed to her elbow, and Lucy realised she had grazed her elbow as well, she just hadn't realised as her knee had been hurting her too much. She carefully stuck the second one on her elbow. With the help of Rose, she got up and limped through the castle. One of the safest rooms in the entire castle was Rose's bedroom, so they headed there. Lucy let out a low moan when they got to the stairs. Her knee was still very painful, especially when she bent it. Rose sighed, pulled a shiny red wand out of nowhere, and magicked Lucy and herself into her bedroom.

They sat down on the bed together. Rose pulled the covers around her shoulders, and invited Lucy to do the same. It was suddenly very cold, and Lucy rested her head on Rose's shoulder peacefully. Within seconds, she was fast asleep. Rose looked down at her and smiled. 

So I am just copy and pasting this story from google docs, that's why it's being uploaded so fast, so when I've uploaded it all, if I choose to continue with it (I probably will if you guys want me to but I'm not sure yet) it won't be anywhere near as fast. I still have a lot to go before that though, so I have a while to make my decision.
Okay, question of the chapter- Iced or hot coffee?
I like both, but probably iced if I had to choose.