Part 26

A man walked in almost immediately. It was Dr. Mellor. "Yes?" he said lazily in his soft accent.

Lucy looked at him for a minute, before she started talking.

"Um, I don't know if I should have just left it, but that girl in that bed over there keeps, like, waking up then passing out again."

He smiled nervously at Lucy, before walking quickly to Rose's bed. He put his hand over her heart for a few seconds, before a panicked look flitted across his face.

"Is she gon-" Dr. Mellor cut her off before she could finish, dashing across the room and pressing a button Lucy hadn't noticed before. It was labelled 'Emergency'.

Almost immediately, a load of nurses walked in, dressed in uncomfortable looking uniforms. They measured her pulse whilst listening to what Dr Ivan Mellor had to say. Lucy stared, not sure whether it was classed as eavesdropping when nobody had actually told her she couldn't listen in. She decided not. Lucy was about to start listening in when suddenly the nurses all grabbed the girl's trolley and wheeled her out. As she was leaving, Lucy caught a glimpse of the girl's face. It was Rose, no mistake.

Seeing the girl's identity made it a whole nother level of real. Lucy stared after her as the nurses wheeled the bed she was on out. Her mind was spinning, and so were her eyes. Her ears were ringing, and her head hurt. Actually, everything hurt. Her back ached, her shoulders hurt, even her toes hurt. There were about 2 hairs that weren't hurting, that was all. Even her fingernails ached. Lucy knew she was tired, and she lay down to try to get some sleep but thoughts of Rose swirled around her head. What had happened to her? Was it Lucy's fault somehow? And, most importantly, was she going to make it? Lucy was no nurse or doctor, but even she knew that it must be serious. Somehow a shaved head and scars and stitches didn't look like minor injuries.

The rest of the night was a blur. Lucy was in what Dr Mellor called 'shock', after seeing who the girl was. She vaguely remembered people in white uniforms standing around her bed, strong hands lifting her up, and the sound of wheels squeaking as she was lifted onto another bed and wheeled away. She remembered the sound of curtains being drawn, and the last thing she remembered was the sharp edges of an oxygen mask before everything faded to black, and the world went silent once again.

When she woke up, it took Lucy a minute to figure out where she was. Wherever it was, it was familiar.

Then, it clicked.

She was in the curtained off room where she had met Ivan properly for the first time! The small Ivan though, not the Dr Ivan Mellor who she was seeing more and more these days. Except, something seemed off.

Lucy looked round the room for what felt like the hundredth time. Her eyes scanned the trolleys lining the walls, the curtain that seemed to cut her off from the rest of the world. She knew something was off, she just couldn't place what. Nothing seemed any different than what it was the first time she came in here.

Lucy was staring intensely at the curtain when it was flung open. She quickly recovered her senses and turned to look at the person standing in her doorway. They were wearing a hooded jacket with the hood up, and their face was in shadow so it was impossible to tell who they were. Lucy was instantly afraid - this did not look like hospital staff. They stared at each other for a long second. At least, Lucy stared at him. It was hard to tell if he was staring back, because his face was in the shadow of the long hood.

Do you guys like the story so far? What do you want to happen in the future?
I need inspo for if I decide to continue it after I transfer it all onto Wattpad.