Part 8

At the end of the corridor was an oak door that was varnished and shiny. The woman opened it and led Lucy inside. There was a curved desk. The top was brown, but the wall-thing supporting underneath it was painted flawless white. The woman pressed a golden bell Lucy hadn't noticed before, and immediately another woman appeared behind the desk.

She was wearing a white jacket buttoned up to her chin, and on it she had a blue watch that was pinned upside down. Lucy had no idea why it was upside down! The jacket was down to below her knees, so Lucy couldn't see what she was wearing underneath. Probably a dress of some sort. She had sensible brown flats on her feet, and her stunning, golden-brown hair was styled in a limp ponytail. Looking her up and down as if inspecting her, the woman grabbed Lucy's wrist tightly and stared at her.

"Well, come on then. Don't just stand there!" She snarled coldly, as she yanked Lucy round the side of the table end through a set of glass doors on the wall to their right. As the nurse dragged Lucy by the wrist, her sharp nails pierced her skin, leaving red marks.

The ward through the door had white walls, and a white tiled floor. The patients were all in silver, metal beds with crisp, white sheets. Some were propped up on multiple pillows, while some sat up against the railings at the top of the beds, or lay down. On the end of every bed, was a clipboard with a piece of paper on it stating things like the patient's name, date of birth and health.

As Lucy was hauled down towards the door at the end, she realised something. Everybody here had something she didn't. Wings. And that made her very unusual indeed. Everybody seemed to be staring at her because of it, and a group of children were pointing and whispering behind their cupped hands. She caught the words; "Creep" and "Weirdo" and some phrases like; "Plastic surgery" and "scare the children", which really hurt her feelings. She wasn't that different, was she? 

Do you have any siblings?
I have 3 (1 brother, 2 sisters) and I am the oldest. I always wanted an older brother though, it was like my dream growing up.